ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish Citizen - Stamp 4 Renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Spouse of Irish Citizen - Stamp 4 Renewal

Post by Zoot7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:05 am

Has anyone here who's Irish gone through the Stamp 4 renewal process for their spouse recently. My wife's stamp 4 is up in early April.

The local immigration officier has told me by email that local officiers don't issue a 2nd Stamp 4 (I'm awaiting their reply), even though the INIS website says this is what's done. Is this outdated?
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... ish-spouse

Can anyone share what the process is at the moment?

harprtk
Ireland

Re: Spouse of Irish Citizen - Stamp 4 Renewal

Post by harprtk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi,

I just renewed mine recently. I am married to an Irish Citizen. Same process, you book an appointment, bring you twos passports and original marriage cert. All they asked was if I changed address, advised no (did not ask for proof even though I had it with me). They then sent you a Residence Permit card (similar to GNIB card just called diff now).

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:51 pm

Thank you for your post, this is what I expected was the case. The immigration officer told me "I need clarification from the department", and then proceeded to suggest I contact the Citizenship email & telephone, of all places! I proceeded to email them, I'm not expecting a reply though.

In the meantime, I contacted the Spouse of Irish National Unit, again not expecting a reply but I got one within an hour. Their instructions to do the renewal were as per the INIS website - meet with the local immigraton officier, and bring along passports, marriage certificate and proof of address (what I thought). Hopefully that might be enough to get the local officer to do the renewal like she's supposed to.

We could use all of this like a hole in the head now - we're buying a house currently. :cry:

In the meantime I contacted the Immigrant Council of Ireland. They said that this can happen (the immigration officier in the area has changed) and I could either complain and ask to talk to the Superintendant in the Garda station citing the INIS website, or write to the Spouse of Irish National Unit and get them to issue a letter to present to the immigration officier. I'm now planning on doing the latter anyway.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:16 pm

Just print the email and bring it to local Immigration officer. That will be enough for him.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen: