ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCOUNTANTS CERTIFICATE OF CONFIRMATION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

P60 for Company Director

Post by JPDWirral » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:47 am

Hi

I am acting as sponsor for my Wife’s application (she is coming from New Zealand). I am a director of my own ltd company. My business tax year ended in Jan 2020 and I am in possession of my company accounts for that tax year. However, I notice that I am required to provide a P60 for the period of employment ‘relied upon in my application‘. A P60 is only generated in April of each year to my knowledge. This seems to suggest therefore that we must wait until I am in possession of my P60 (early April) before we can submit our application. Please can someone check in and tell me if this is correct or if there is some flexibility? Surely they can’t expect everyone to line up their application dates with the P60 issue dates?

I hope not anyhow..... Please help.

geoeng
Canada

Re: P60 for Company Director

Post by geoeng » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:23 pm

JPDWirral wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:47 am
Please can someone check in and tell me if this is correct or if there is some flexibility? Surely they can’t expect everyone to line up their application dates with the P60 issue dates?
The exact wording of section 9(c)(i) of Appendix FM-SE that outlines this requirement is: "Payslips and P60 (if issued) covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600." To me, the "if issued" part suggests it only has to be included if it has been issued for the relevant period.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Post by JPDWirral » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Ah ok..... I hadn’t noticed that particular wording, I was working on it being a definite requirement.

Good news, and thankyou.

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Post by JPDWirral » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Hi

Can I please ask another question here or in a new thread? I guess here....

So my company tax year ended on 31st Jan 2020. I have my business accounts for the year. I have payslips for the whole period (Jan 2019 to Jan 2020) and my TOTAL salary was just over £8000 during that time, but paid in approx 11 different payments and shown in my payslips for March / April, May and June 2019. Each month had a different amount but the TOTAL was just over £8000. So, for example, in March I paid myself £1200 in salary but this was done in three separate payments of £400 (4th March), £330 (12th March) and £470 (23rd March). It is displayed on my bank statement as ‘WAGES TO ME’.

Does it matter what the reference is on the transaction? Should a dividend be clearly marked as ‘DIVIDEND’ or is it satisfactory that the amounts and dates match and that it is clearly paid out from my Ltd company bank account to my personal account?

Additionally, I paid myself approx £20,000 in dividends during this same tax year. I do of course have dividend vouchers and can show the exact payments on my payslips. Therefore my TOTAL income was approx £28,000.

On the face of all that, is there any cause for concern?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:10 am

JPDWirral wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am
Does it matter what the reference is on the transaction? Should a dividend be clearly marked as ‘DIVIDEND’ or is it satisfactory that the amounts and dates match and that it is clearly paid out from my Ltd company bank account to my personal account?

On the face of all that, is there any cause for concern?
It's hard to comment on how someone reviewing the application might interpret the information provided. There is nothing that says the transactions have to be referenced a certain way. If you provide all of the specified evidence (dividend vouchers, pay slips, bank statements, evidence of ongoing employment, etc.) and the dates/amounts match and are reasonably clear to trace through the documentation, I see no reason to expect any problems with that. All you can really do is show how you meet the requirements as best you can.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Post by JPDWirral » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Ok, say for example my dividends are approx £20,000 would that be enough on its own to pass the income threshold? No hidden deductions or calculations I should be aware of?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:37 pm

JPDWirral wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:17 pm
Ok, say for example my dividends are approx £20,000 would that be enough on its own to pass the income threshold? No hidden deductions or calculations I should be aware of?
Nothing hidden, all outlined in the Appendix FM-SE of the Immigration Rules and the financial requirements guidance document. Not much of a calculation at all for this category, it's literally the total income in the last full financial year (or average of the last 2 full financial years if you prefer to go that route). Dividend income would be enough on it's own to meet the requirement, but the wording of the rules for both dividend income and salary suggests that if you receive it, you have to provide the associated documentation. I'm not sure you would be able to exclude providing documentation for the salary portion of your income even if you were not relying on it to meet the financial requirement.

"(c) Where the person is either listed as a director of the company, or is an employee of the company, or both, and receives a salary from the company, all of the following documents must also be provided:
(i) Payslips and P60 (if issued) covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600.
(ii) Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600 showing that the salary as a director or employee of the company (or both) was paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

(d) Where the person receives dividends from the company, all of the following documents must also be provided:
(i) Dividend vouchers for all dividends declared in favour of the person during or in respect of the period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 showing the company’s and the person’s details with the person’s net dividend amount.
(ii) Personal bank statement(s) showing that those dividends were paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly."

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Post by JPDWirral » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Thankyou.

If I did not take a salary (and did not get a payslip) for the period between in Jan, Feb, March 2019, but have bank statements (both personal and business) that cover that period would that be an issue? My supporting letter from the accountant confirms that I did not start to be paid a salary until April. My dividend payments are spread throughout the year, and they can be seen both on my dividend vouchers and both bank accounts.

What do you think?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:22 am

JPDWirral wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm
If I did not take a salary (and did not get a payslip) for the period between in Jan, Feb, March 2019, but have bank statements (both personal and business) that cover that period would that be an issue? My supporting letter from the accountant confirms that I did not start to be paid a salary until April. My dividend payments are spread throughout the year, and they can be seen both on my dividend vouchers and both bank accounts.
As long as you are providing the specified documents covering the period of the last full financial year, I can't imagine there would be any issues. There's nothing that says you have to provide a specific number of payslips, only that you provide any specified documents for the required period.

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Quickest Processing Time for Entry Visa

Post by JPDWirral » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:41 pm

My Wife will soon be applying for her entry visa. She is coming from New Zealand. Has anyone applied for an entry visa (Spouse visa), and paid for the expedited processing..... Do any of you have examples of super quick processing? Or do they all take the suggested 6 weeks? Any decent examples or anecdotes?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Quickest Processing Time for Entry Visa

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:28 pm

Then use priority service to get decision in few days:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ew-zealand
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Re: Quickest Processing Time for Entry Visa

Post by JPDWirral » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:07 pm

Thankyou Seagul. So, we pay how much extra to access this Priority Service please?

Visa application fee is £1200 ish.
NHS surcharge is £1200 ish.

What extra cost is involved if we wish to expedite it? Do we pay the £500 ish cost of the express processing PLUS the Priority Visa application cost? Or does one cancel the other out?

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Document Submission in NZ or UK or both???

Post by JPDWirral » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi

My Wife is in NZ, I am in the UK. I am the sponsor and we are making an application for a spouse visa.

My question relates to the documents themselves. Most of them relate to my income, our living arrangements etc. Is it possible that my Wife uploads her passport and our marriage certificate at her biometric appointment (both of these docs are in NZ right now - we got married in NZ).

I was hoping to attend the service centre and hover them upload my documents for me. Is it possible to upload in this way? Some in NZ, some in the service centre in the UK, some (maybe my bank statements) from home..... Or do they ALL have to be uploaded at the same time, and from the same place?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Document Submission in NZ or UK or both???

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 am

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document Submission in NZ or UK or both???

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:14 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

ACCOUNTANTS CERTIFICATE OF CONFIRMATION

Post by JPDWirral » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi

My accounts are now in and I understand that I must provide an accountants certificate if confirmation. My accountants are a HMRC approved agent through the ICBA, will this satisfy the clause below?

“ accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants;“

geoeng
Canada

Re: ACCOUNTANTS CERTIFICATE OF CONFIRMATION

Post by geoeng » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:12 am

JPDWirral wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:26 pm
My accounts are now in and I understand that I must provide an accountants certificate if confirmation. My accountants are a HMRC approved agent through the ICBA, will this satisfy the clause below?
I'm not too familiar with those organisations, that question may be best directed to your accountant.

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Post by JPDWirral » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 am

Ok....

So back to the priority visa. We just paid the NHS surcharge and the next stage of the application process is detailing the fees.

We would like to pay for the priority visa (8 day turnaround) but are unsure about when we will pay for this? What option do we choose? There seems to be 4 options for payment amounts?

JPDWirral
Newly Registered

Post by JPDWirral » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:37 am

In relation to the PRIORITY SERVICE at VFS Global. It offers two options. One is just over $500 and one is just over $1100. The one for just over $500 seems to be for something other than an entry visa for a spouse visa application (such as ours). Whereas the other option, the one that costs $1100, is a 6 week turnaround. Can anyone give me accurate advice on this? Seagul suggests we can somehow apply and get a decision in 'a few days' - is this actually true? Please advise.