ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused application for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bahaa
Newly Registered

Refused application for british citizenship

Post by Bahaa » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Hello everyone
I hope if some one had same this things what decision i receive and if itis possible to apply again or do NR refused form.
The refused decision explain :
application has been refused for the following reason(s): One of the requirements for citizenship is that the applicant is of good character. "Good character is not defined in the British Nationality Act 1981 but the applicant is expected to have shown due regard for the laws of this country, In circumstances where an applicant entered the United Kingdom illegally an application for citizenship will normally be refused for a period of ten years from the date of the illegal entry. This is explained in Booklet AN which accompanies the application form for naturalisation and in the Home Office staff instructions published on GOV.UK On 8 July 2013 you were issued with illegal entry papers after you had claimed asylum and confirmed that you entered the UK clandestinely. This is less than ten years ago. The Home Secretary has considered the circumstances of your illegal entry and whether there are grounds to overlook it for the purposes of your citizenship application but is not prepared to do so. Your application is therefore refused. It is noted that at the time of your arrival in the UK you were married to a European national. However, as she was not in the UK at the time of your arrival you had no right of residence on the basis of this marriage. It is open to you to re-apply for citizenship at any time but an application made before give 08" July 2023 is unlikely to succeed. Before submitting a further application for citizenship, you should ensure that you meet all of the requirements and that you have fully complied with UK Immigration laws in the ten year period prior to the date of application. Arrangements are being made to return the sum of £80.00 which is refunded in the case of unsuccessful applications where an applicant is not required to attend a citizenship ceremony.

Thank you .

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Refused application for british citizenship

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:44 pm

I have not had a similar experience but I think the refusal letter is clear. You should wait till July 2023 before making another application. Do you have any justification or explanation for wanting to apply before 2023? Perhaps you can provide more information about your background and immigration history.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Bahaa
Newly Registered

Post by Bahaa » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:46 am

Hello Dear
I enter UK illegal on 8th of July 2013 from France by lorry arrived to London only me without use use any documents and same day apply for Asylum seeker . They find my fingerprints for asylum in Cyprus 2006 but i got refuse for asylum in Cyprus at that time.
In Uk when the find my fingerprints the arrest me to the removal immigration center for 43 days after that they released me and give me to sign every week . At this time my wife she is from European country i been married in Cyprus in 2011 i have married certificate is well. I rent flat for me and my wife and we live together in Uk she arrived to UK 24 September 2013.
After 2 months when they released me one time when i have to sign they arrested me again for 4 months when i am in the removal immigration center i apply by solicitor to EEA FAMILY MEMBER was in April after that the release me and both cases it is open asylum case and EEA family member case.
In August 2014 the send me EEA family member residence for 5 years and they asking me to withdraw my asylum case , i did what they asking for.
22nd of October 2018 i got my permanent residence card.
22nd of October 2019 i apply for British citizenship and i got refuse.
This is what happen exactly.

Thank you for your reply.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Bahaa wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:46 am
Hello Dear
I enter UK illegal on 8th of July 2013 from France by lorry arrived to London only me without use use any documents and same day apply for Asylum seeker . They find my fingerprints for asylum in Cyprus 2006 but i got refuse for asylum in Cyprus at that time.
In Uk when the find my fingerprints the arrest me to the removal immigration center for 43 days after that they released me and give me to sign every week . At this time my wife she is from European country i been married in Cyprus in 2011 i have married certificate is well. I rent flat for me and my wife and we live together in Uk she arrived to UK 24 September 2013.
After 2 months when they released me one time when i have to sign they arrested me again for 4 months when i am in the removal immigration center i apply by solicitor to EEA FAMILY MEMBER was in April after that the release me and both cases it is open asylum case and EEA family member case.
In August 2014 the send me EEA family member residence for 5 years and they asking me to withdraw my asylum case , i did what they asking for.

The refusal was right. You have to wait until July 2023 which is 10 years after it became known to the HO that you entered the UK illegally. Or for a total guaranty, I will say wait till August 2024 which is 10 years after you got a legal right to stay in the UK. I don't think there is anything you can do to get a positive response.
You were married to an EU citizen in 2011 but entered the UK illegally in 2013? I thought marrying an EU citizen should have made it easy for you to obtain the right documents to enter the UK legally. I guess that's in the past now.
As far as I know, you have to wait till at least 2023 before submitting another naturalisation application.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Ifycamilla

Post by Ifycamilla » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:17 pm

The refusal was right , you will have to wait till 10 yrs starting from when you first made an application with the homeoffice...don't go wasting your money . Wait till 2023. , My opinion. Some senior colleagues here can confirm it too. But wait to hear from them.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:03 pm
Bahaa wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:46 am
Hello Dear

The refusal was right. You have to wait until July 2023 which is 10 years after it became known to the HO that you entered the UK illegally. Or for a total guaranty, I will say wait till August 2024 which is 10 years after you got a legal right to stay in the UK. I don't think there is anything you can do to get a positive response.
You were married to an EU citizen in 2011 but entered the UK illegally in 2013? I thought marrying an EU citizen should have made it easy for you to obtain the right documents to enter the UK legally. I guess that's in the past now.
As far as I know, you have to wait till at least 2023 before submitting another naturalisation application.
just to clarify and complete the sentence "I don't think there is anything you can do to get a positive response before the 10 years required, which is 2023"

Bahaa
Newly Registered

Post by Bahaa » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Thank you for everyone help with my post.

Bahaa
Newly Registered

Refused application for British citizenship

Post by Bahaa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:27 am

Hello everyone I hope from all if some one had this before just to help please with any advice.
I entered UK illegal on 8th of July 2013 from France by lorry arrived to London only me without use use any documents and same day apply for Asylum seeker . They find my fingerprints for asylum in Cyprus 2006 but i got refuse for asylum in Cyprus at that time. I explain to them but they don't accept.
In Uk when they find my fingerprints they arrest me to the removal immigration center for 43 days after that they released me and give me to sign every week in police station . At this time my wife coming to Uk,she is from European country i been married her in Cyprus in 2011 i have married certificate is well. We rent flat for me and my wife and we live together in Uk, she arrived to UK 24th of September 2013.
After 2 months when they released me one time when i have to sign they arrested me again for 4 months at this time when i am in the removal immigration center i apply by solicitor to EEA FAMILY MEMBER was in April 2014 after that they release me and both cases it is open asylum case and EEA family member case.
In August 2014 the send me EEA family member residence for 5 years after they checked everything for me and for my wife and they asking me to withdraw my asylum case , i did what they asking for.
The refusal letter it says:
(Reasons for Decision Your application has been refused for the following reason(s): One of the requirements for citizenship is that the applicant is of good character. "Good character is not defined in the British Nationality Act 1981 but the applicant is expected to have shown due regard for the laws of this country, In circumstances where an applicant entered the United Kingdom illegally an application for citizenship will normally be refused for a period of ten years from the date of the illegal entry. This is explained in Booklet AN which accompanies the application form for naturalisation and in the Home Office staff instructions published. on 8th of July 2013 you were issued with illegal entry papers after you had claimed asylum and confirmed that you entered the UK clandestinely. This is less than ten years ago. The Home Secretary has considered the circumstances of your illegal entry and whether there are grounds to overlook it for the purposes of your citizenship application but is not prepared to do so. Your application is therefore refused. It is noted that at the time of your arrival in the UK you were married to a European national. However, as she was not in the UK at the time of your arrival you had no right of residence on the basis of this marriage. It is open to you to re-apply for citizenship at any time but an application made before give 8th of July 2023 is unlikely to succeed. Before submitting a further application for citizenship, you should ensure that you meet all of the requirements and that you have fully complied with UK Immigration laws in the ten year period prior to the date of application)
My question it is possible to reconsidered the application and got approval. Or submit new application, or i have to wait till 8th of July 2023.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refused application for British citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:23 am

Topics merged!!! You were already given advice when you asked the same question in December last year!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.