ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant visa query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kary23
inactive
India

Tier 2 dependant visa query

Post by kary23 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 am

Hi,

I am new to the forum but I have regularly read stuff here before which has been quite useful.
I have a small query. I currently renewed my Tier 2 visa for 3 years until Feb 2023 and I would be eligible for ILR then.
My wife and child also have their visas extended till then.
I recently have got a new job offer and I am planning to switch so now they are offering me visa till April 2022 initially.
I sent an email to UKVI about my dependants not needing to apply again as stated in the guidance.
They sent me the same page of the guidance but said they won’t comment on personal circumstances.
So do I need to reapply for my family or leave it till April 2022 and if I get an extension then apply for their ILR along with me in Feb 2023.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependant visa query

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:46 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.