ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier-2 from outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monika06
Newly Registered
India

Applying for Tier-2 from outside UK

Post by monika06 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I currently reside outside of the UK and I have been verbally offered a job in the UK.

My resident labour market test was completed by Feb first week and i was informed that i have passed the test successfully. I assumed that i would get the formal offer letter soon and start with the visa process. However, its almost been more than a month and there has been no update from the company. When asked, they first said that they are trying to get "an indication of figures" over to me asap and then start with employment checks and visa process. I didn't quite understand what these indication of figures mean ( like budget or something?). This was two weeks back.

When asked for updates this week, they said they are waiting for the final confirmation/approval before starting with the formalities.

Im wondering if its normal to take so much time while applying from outside the UK? Could it be that they must have applied for R-CoS and are just waiting for it to get assigned before sending me the actual offer?

Would be grateful for all your help/insights! Thanks!

monika06
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying for Tier-2 from outside UK

Post by monika06 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:52 am

Any insight? Would be grateful for all the help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:00 am

The employer has to apply to ho for a rcos which is considered at the monthly meeting usually held on the 11th of each month if sponsoring a migrant from outside the UK.

If they are still working out budgets etc before a contract, then you will have to wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

monika06
Newly Registered
India

Post by monika06 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:46 am

Thank you for your reply!

I still haven't heard any update from my employer even though it's been three days since 11th ( when the allocation was supposed to take place).

I hope it's not the case they are working out their budgets and still haven't applied for certificate of sponsorship.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:39 am

monika06 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:46 am
Thank you for your reply!

I still haven't heard any update from my employer even though it's been three days since 11th ( when the allocation was supposed to take place).

I hope it's not the case they are working out their budgets and still haven't applied for certificate of sponsorship.
Have you checked that the company actually exists and that they are already on the list of sponsors?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

monika06
Newly Registered
India

Post by monika06 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Yes the company exists and is a big Multi national company. They do sponsor visas.

I still don't have any update from them. I'm wondering if the ongoing pandemic has anything to do with the delay.

alokw1
Newly Registered
India

Post by alokw1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 am

monika06 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:01 pm
Yes the company exists and is a big Multi national company. They do sponsor visas.

I still don't have any update from them. I'm wondering if the ongoing pandemic has anything to do with the delay.
sorry for asking - but do you mind advising what sector the role is? as I am trying for sponsorship and can benefit too

Thanks