ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Right to Work

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zezeson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malawi

Proof of Right to Work

Post by zezeson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:35 pm

Good afternoon, I'd like to find out how I can prove to my employer that I'm still eligible to work. I applied for SET P ILR and attended my biometrics appointment on the 5th of March, my leave to remain expires today 10th of March and my employer has asked for proof of eligibility to continue working. I haven't got any acknowledgement letter from the Home Office, I only have my biometrics appointment confirmation and an acknowledgement letter from the Home Office that was sent together with my BRP when I was granted refugee status. Please advise on what I can do, thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Proof of Right to Work

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:13 pm

zezeson wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:35 pm
Good afternoon, I'd like to find out how I can prove to my employer that I'm still eligible to work. I applied for SET P ILR and attended my biometrics appointment on the 5th of March, my leave to remain expires today 10th of March and my employer has asked for proof of eligibility to continue working. I haven't got any acknowledgement letter from the Home Office, I only have my biometrics appointment confirmation and an acknowledgement letter from the Home Office that was sent together with my BRP when I was granted refugee status. Please advise on what I can do, thanks.
You have to find your application number and provide that to your employer so they can do right to work checks with UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zezeson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malawi

Post by zezeson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:16 pm

Thank you, is this the UAN?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:53 pm

zezeson wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:16 pm
Yes. They should be able to use that to request a positive response from UKVI via the employer checking service

Read: https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work
Employer checking service : https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zezeson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malawi

Post by zezeson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Thank you very much for this, I will take it to my employer tomorrow and hopefully all goes well.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:58 pm

No need to use the above mentioned links as there is now a quicker and easier way to prove your right to work to employer. Use the link below and fill in required information, you will be given an option to generate the code for your employer and they can verify that code straightaway, instead of waiting for 5 working days.

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Hope this helps.

zezeson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malawi

Post by zezeson » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:07 am

Thanks for that however my BRP card expired yesterday, so I am unable to prove my right to work with the link you've provided since my application for ILR is still with the HO.

WJ0983
Newly Registered

Post by WJ0983 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi

This is happening to me as well.

My BRP (tier 2 dependant) will be expired by early June however due to the Covid19 disruption I still haven't managed to book a biometric and only managed to submitted and paid for the application (ILR).

I've already recieved the confirmation email from Home Office in terms of the extension of current immigration status and shared the 16 digit reference number with HR along with the Share Code generated from Prove Your Right Work.

I still haven't got a clear answer from HR in terms of when exactly they will be conducting Employer Service Check but all they have confirmed is they would need to check my status from Prove Right To Work site precisely the next date post BRP expires.

I guess my question is would the status be updated automatically to I don't know "granted another 6 months until a deicision being made from Home Office"? as this is still pretty much showing my BRP will expire by early June.

Thanks,

WJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:22 pm

WJ0983 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:06 pm
I guess my question is would the status be updated automatically to I don't know "granted another 6 months until a deicision being made from Home Office"? as this is still pretty much showing my BRP will expire by early June.
No, there is no such automatic extension.

I suggest you read what Section 3C protection under the Immigration Rules are and what it means while you have an application pending with HO.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WJ0983
Newly Registered

Post by WJ0983 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:22 pm
WJ0983 wrote:

I suggest you read what Section 3C protection under the Immigration Rules are and what it means while you have an application pending with HO.

Hi thanks for reply and yes I have - understand this has to be a valid application but I've already done everything what I am supposed to do (in light of current covid 19 situation) and have received a confirmation email from Home office. Where else needs to be done by my side in order to check my right to work and proceed forward then? any concrete advice?

btw I am not EEA. currently Tier2 dependant ( partner already granted with ILR two year ago) and have applied ILR.

Thanks,

Wenjing

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:57 pm

WJ0983 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:51 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:22 pm
WJ0983 wrote:

Hi thanks for reply and yes I have - understand this has to be a valid application but I've already done everything what I am supposed to do (in light of current covid 19 situation) and have received a confirmation email from Home office. Where else needs to be done by my side in order to check my right to work and proceed forward then? any concrete advice?

btw I am not EEA. currently Tier2 dependant ( partner already granted with ILR two year ago) and have applied ILR.

Thanks,

Wenjing
Nothing else that you need to do. Your employer can check your right to work even after your BRP card expires and can contact HO directly through the same right to work link and HO will respond to them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:53 pm
zezeson wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:16 pm
Yes. They should be able to use that to request a positive response from UKVI via the employer checking service

Read: https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work
Employer checking service : https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status