ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Order of application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rhic2217
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mexico

Order of application

Post by Rhic2217 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Hi, I’m applying for a tier 2 visa from the US in the next few weeks. My sponsor is currently seeking my certificate of sponsorship.

My question was whether you can apply for the visa before getting your ielts results back if you know you will have them before the interview? ie do you need the results at the application stage or the interview stage?

I’m due to take the exam on the 14th March and will get the results on the 27th but I am supposed to start work on the 6th April. My employer is paying for the same day decision rush fee but I’d like to be able to get the interview booked for the week of the 30th. (I’m certain that I’ll meet the language requirements because I’ve taken the exam already (three years ago) and have been working in the US speaking entirely English ever since. My previous results were 7.5 reading, 7 listening, 6.5 speaking, 6.5 writing and I believe I require 4 in everything :) )

Any advice would be much appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Order of application

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:30 pm

There is no "interview"!

You need the IELTS before you apply. Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date of application, which is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rhic2217
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mexico

Re: Order of application

Post by Rhic2217 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:42 pm

Thank you!