ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Irish FBR application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adminme
Newly Registered

Post by Adminme » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:46 pm

Greetings. I am a Brit, born and raised in England applying to register my foreign birth in Ireland prior to applying for an Irish passport due to Brexit.

My maternal grandmother was born in Ireland (Wexford). Neither of my parents were born in Ireland/N. Ireland, and they have not registered their births (which were both in England) in Ireland.

My question is in regard to the Documents relating to the Irish citizen parent (my mother) I have to provide with my application.

I have the required birth and marriage certificates so my question is only in regard to the ‘Photocopy of current state-issued ID document (i.e. passport, drivers licence, national identity card) certified as a true copy of the original by a professional from the list of witnesses’ for my Mother which I have to provide.

She has neither a passport (and is too old and infirm to attend the require interview to get one of these) or a drivers licence and so I have been looking into getting a national identity card for her.

I note from the Gov.uk web-site that UK government national identity cards were scrapped in 2011, but I have found that there is something called a CitizenCard

On the CitizenCard web-site it says: “A CitizenCard is an official UK ID / proof of age card recognised as such by the Home Office, the Chartered Trading Standards Institute and almost all UK retailers and public transport providers including UK airlines. The adult 18+ photo ID card displays the police and the Security Industry Authority logos and all CitizenCards bear the PASS hologram.”

My question is: If I arrange to get a CitizenCard for my Mother will a certified copy of this meet the Foreign Birth Registration application ‘national identity card’ requirement relating to my Mother?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Emma Williams
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Emma Williams » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi Adminme,

There is a number of people in the same situation as you on the foreign birth registration thread - you may wish to have a look on there. It is a very long thread but I remember seeing the outcomes to similar situations on there.

Adminme
Newly Registered

Post by Adminme » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:29 am

Hi Emma,

Thanks very much for that. I have now posted my message on the FBR thread also. I will read through the existing posts there too as time permits...