ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeals

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aayan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Appeals

Post by Aayan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Dear Admin,
I am one of the silent viewers of immigration boards. I have a question, I had an appeal hearing on 30/01/2020 at UPT. The HO was the appellant and I was the respondent. The judge gave the decision "The appeal is dismissed". This appeal was related to Art 8. Does it mean I have won the appeal?

Just my immigration background as follows, my 10 years Long residency application was refused in 2018 under section 3C. Then, I made an appeal at FTT in 2019 and the appeal was allowed under Art 8 Human Rights. However, HO then did appeal at UPT again the FTT decision. Last week I have received the decision "The appeal is dismissed". Please give me the advice on the decision.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Appeals

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:28 pm

The HO was the appellant
In this case, their appeal was dismissed. It means they lost and you won.

Aayan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Aayan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi, Thanks for your reply. But my solicitors prepared grounds for the permission to appeal Court of Appeal as he thought I have lost the appeal. Is there any option to sent you my Judgement to check it.
Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Aayan wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:33 pm
Is there any option to sent you my Judgement to check it.
Generally the last few paragraphs explain the judgment.

Can you copy-paste the last 10 or so paragraphs here, taking out all personally identifiable information, and we could try to help.

Keep in mind that we are not lawyers, just fellow immigrants, and that our legal advice is that of laymen, not lawyers.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.