ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Coronavirus

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

darwinxp
Newly Registered
Mexico

Coronavirus

Post by darwinxp » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:58 pm

I am contemplating the possibility of various scenarios arising due to the Coronavirus. My wife is here on a Family visa. It expires in July and under normal circumstances we are perfectly eligible to apply for an extension.

However, I am becoming increasingly concerned that our employers go bust due to the effect of the Coronavirus on our respective fields, then we are unable to claim benefits, we will lose eligibility to apply for the visa, my wife will need to leave the country and Mexico may be on lockdown and so I wouldn't be able to go there and probably wouldn't have enough money to make that kind of move at this time anyway, so then we will be screwed.

Has any else considered this and how we may mitigate these outcomes? I can't see the government helping us in any way to be honest

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:07 pm

darwinxp wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:58 pm
It expires in July and under normal circumstances we are perfectly eligible to apply for an extension.
At the moment there hasn't been any vaccine discovered to overcome this virus therefore exercising utmost precaution is desirable over health & immigration related issues. If she is eligible then better dont delay and just apply. Also keep in mind that even ukvcas or ukvi might even shut down temporarily in near future.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.