ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 English language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AimanAmery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

B1 English language

Post by AimanAmery » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:39 pm

I have one Question
TO everyone
PLEASE

I had passed B1 exam From trinity college since 1st November 2019.
I’ll apply in July 2020 indefinite leave to remain ,
Someone told me
B1 exam from Trinity college not acceptable

Is it true

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: B1 English language

Post by poper » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:04 pm

Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Moderators,
Follow up question on the above. The SELT test centre list has been recently updated. I do not see the Trinity test listed in the file named - Approved test centres from 7 April 2020
1. What does this mean to the OP who is to apply for ILR only in July? At the time of application, is the OP's English assessment considered invalid?
2. Does this mean beyond 7 April, applicants cannot use Trinity test for English assessment? :?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

AimanAmery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Post by AimanAmery » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 pm

They say You will be able to book a test at one of the Trinity College London test centres until 7 July 2020.
And I’ll apply in 15th July 2020 so do you think will be accept it

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 pm

AimanAmery wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 pm
They say You will be able to book a test at one of the Trinity College London test centres until 7 July 2020.
There are two list of English language tests where Trinity college looks like be getting out permanently. But as per common sense if an applicant can still book its test until 7th July 2020 who will get the test with 2 years of validity which means if someone has already passed it which if is still valid then maybe able to use it (its just a guess).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AimanAmery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Post by AimanAmery » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:33 am

Thank you so much

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:21 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 pm
AimanAmery wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 pm
There are two list of English language tests where Trinity college looks like be getting out permanently. But as per common sense if an applicant can still book its test until 7th July 2020 who will get the test with 2 years of validity which means if someone has already passed it which if is still valid then maybe able to use it (its just a guess).
The guidelines are unfortunately not very clear.
I am due for ILR application in September and was planning Trinity assessment as it was straightforward

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:41 pm

The approved english language test list has been updated again.
Trinity test features in the list now.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 pm

poper wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:41 pm
The approved english language test list has been updated again.
Trinity test features in the list now.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
It seems is only one list now and Trinity is included here - I am in the same boat don't know what is best plus all this corona related delays! Do you know if Trinity is valid from mid april or not?