ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statutory Requirements / Digital Photos Code

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rose c
Newly Registered
Germany

Name Spelling

Post by rose c » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:01 am

I am almost done with my Application for Naturalization. Now a question occurs to me. My former married name contains a German Umlaut u (u with double dots). Can I use "ue" instead in the application, as I did ever since I entered the UK? All my official German documents though of course spell my name with the Umlaut. Many thanks.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Name Spelling

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:05 am

Write your name in the application exactly as it appears on your German passport.

Otherwise, you will get the British Citizenship but HMPO won't issue a British Passport for you.

The name in the German passport must be absolutely the same as in the certificate of naturalisation. They don't negotiate this.

rose c
Newly Registered
Germany

..or other work for the last 10 years or since you entered the UK

Post by rose c » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:15 pm

I answered with "no". I am in the UK for nine years and never worked, but I worked during my last year in Germany. Is it correct to choose "since you entered the UK" and answer with "no"? It's an either or question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ..or other work for the last 10 years or since you entered the UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:11 pm

Topics merged!!!

Working in Germany is irrelevant to the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rose c
Newly Registered
Germany

Statutory Requirements / Digital Photos Code

Post by rose c » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:07 am

As I am 65, I don't need Life in the UK and English tests. But I'm not sure how to fill in the AN.

"Do you meet the statutory requirements?" Is the answer therefore "No", and I apply for exemption in the box below? Would this be correct?

Did I miss the box to give in the code for the digital photos I added to the referee forms, or will I ask to submit this number after I have paid?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Statutory Requirements / Digital Photos Code

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:16 am

Topics merged again!!! Can you please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic. See link below for the forum rule on multiple topics.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:19 am

As I am 65, I don't need Life in the UK and English tests. But I'm not sure how to fill in the AN.
Was there o point a tick box and question on exemption?? Note we don't all have sight of the inline forms. That aside, ho do actually know the rules.
"Do you meet the statutory requirements?" Is the answer therefore "No", and I apply for exemption in the box below? Would this be correct?
This question is not related to the exemption. You need to tick yes to this question.
Did I miss the box to give in the code for the digital photos I added to the referee forms, or will I ask to submit this number after I have paid?
What code for the digital photos?? You have to stick physical photos to the printed referee forms. They are not digital photos. Your referees have to physically sign the actual forms you print out. Once signed the you scan and upload them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:48 am

Can I use "ue" instead in the application, as I did ever since I entered the UK?
As pointed out above you should stick with the original spelling if at all possible at all points. If you can not do this as the form will not allow then go with ue instead. I would also include a cover letter explaining this and pointing out that this is the official German way of dealing with this problem.

HMPO does not include any foreign characters in their passports. My city of bith has an Ö in it and I was contacted by HMPO to discuss and ultimately wrote a letter explaining the rules around this so the put it as oe into my passport.

rose c
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by rose c » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:04 pm

I read the rules now, I'm sorry.