ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents invitation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scotland786
Newly Registered

Parents invitation

Post by scotland786 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 pm

Hi,

I have a query and struggling regarding my parent application that what should I do now. My parents have visited to the UK in 2018 on a visit visa. After being with us for some time, they then left to their home country. We need them again for medical support as I am working full time and not fully entitled for paternity leave. We have all the documents ready including all medical docs. In line with the current Covid-19, should we apply for them visiting visa from Pakistan? Would this affect the decision of their visa as we need them to come for help because we have no relatives here. we need them for only four weeks.
Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Parents invitation

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:59 am

scotland786 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 pm
We need them again for medical support as I am working full time and not fully entitled for paternity leave.
Keep in mind that visitors are not allowed to work in the UK, not even for family members. The ECO may take a dim view of this and may decline the application as it would appear to them that the purpose of the "visit" is work related.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

scotland786
Newly Registered

Post by scotland786 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. They are not coming for work neither they are able to do work. They are in sixties and quite helpful when they are here with us before our baby born. I just want them to be here for couple of weeks to support my family and kids. Thanks

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:40 pm

When do you need your parents in UK?

You do realise that it can be either impossible or risky for them to travel?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:46 pm

The HO will more than likely refuse until the crisis is done. The state of the crisis in Pakistan is going to make the HO think that anyone travelling from there is fleeing the virus.

I think you will be throwing your money away applying for a visa, but that is my opinion only. Sorry if it is negative.