ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I amend the error in citizenship certificate from abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UA2015

Can I amend the error in citizenship certificate from abroad?

Post by UA2015 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:10 pm

Dear members,

I will be very great full if anyone can guide me towards the right direction. I received my citizenship certificate and there’s a spelling error in my place of birth.
I’m planing to travel due to coronavirus as I’m unable to work like so many others,
I know I can leave but with citizenship certificate will not be able to come back. Error in certificate will take 8 to 12 weeks and I can’t wait till that as it’s too long. Can I fix it from abroad? Or if I can’t what other options do I have? Or I can’t come back at all?
Thank you very much for your help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can I amend the error in citizenship certificate from abroad?

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:57 pm

UA2015 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:10 pm
Dear members,

I will be very great full if anyone can guide me towards the right direction. I received my citizenship certificate and there’s a spelling error in my place of birth.
I’m planing to travel due to coronavirus as I’m unable to work like so many others,
I know I can leave but with citizenship certificate will not be able to come back. Error in certificate will take 8 to 12 weeks and I can’t wait till that as it’s too long. Can I fix it from abroad? Or if I can’t what other options do I have? Or I can’t come back at all?
Thank you very much for your help.
Citizenship certificate is NOT a travel document :!:
You must either get a British passport or get a certificate of entitlement (COE) sticker affixed to your current passport if you like to travel to the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice