ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

edmonlaker
Newly Registered

EEA Application Form

Post by edmonlaker » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:56 pm

Hello Guys

I am new on this forum and I need a bit of advise going forward with my application

I am a citizen of the Nederlands and my wife is a Nigerian who recently just moved into the UK (Visit Visa) and we got married (By Proxy). I am currently exercising my tearty right in the Uk and we have prove of address bear both my name and her name

We have opted to make a paper application, my question is

- Which application form are we suppose to use to make the application

- Can both of us use one single application (Whereby, she will be listed as my dependent)

I will appreciate a quick response

Many Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EEA Application Form

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello

Please elaborate about this:
we got married (By Proxy)
Which authority registered the marriage? Is it an islamic marriage?

MYRA4U
Newly Registered

Post by MYRA4U » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:52 pm

edmonlaker wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:56 pm
Hello Guys

I am new on this forum and I need a bit of advise going forward with my application

I am a citizen of the Nederlands and my wife is a Nigerian who recently just moved into the UK (Visit Visa) and we got married (By Proxy). I am currently exercising my tearty right in the Uk and we have prove of address bear both my name and her name

- Can both of us use one single application (Whereby, she will be listed as my dependent)

Many Thanks

First, you got to confirm if Proxy marriage is legal in Uk, if the marriage is Legal in Uk then they are two possible ways.
[/b]
If both of you are applying at the same, then you can apply online using one online form for both.
But if you are going for the paper form then you can not use one form for both application.

You got to use EEAFM FORM for the (Non EU Partner) while EEA QP FORM for you( EU).

edmonlaker
Newly Registered

Post by edmonlaker » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:43 pm
Hello

Please elaborate about this:
we got married (By Proxy)
Which authority registered the marriage? Is it an islamic marriage?
Sorry, I have been away. The marriage was registered in Nigeria court and its acceptable in the UK
Many Thanks for replying

edmonlaker
Newly Registered

Post by edmonlaker » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:51 pm

MYRA4U wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:52 pm
edmonlaker wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:56 pm
Hello Guys

Many Thanks

First, you got to confirm if Proxy marriage is legal in Uk, if the marriage is Legal in Uk then they are two possible ways.
[/b]
If both of you are applying at the same, then you can apply online using one online form for both.
But if you are going for the paper form then you can not use one form for both application.

You got to use EEAFM FORM for the (Non EU Partner) while EEA QP FORM for you( EU).
Sorry, I have been away. The marriage was registered in Nigeria court and its acceptable in the UK.
Many Thanks for replying