ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No public funds, covid19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

clareR
Newly Registered

No public funds, covid19

Post by clareR » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm

I am wondering what my husband and my position will be regards getting assistance in this crisis.

I am a British citizen, but my husband is Indian and has been in UK with me 2.5yrs.

His spouse visa is no access to public funds and I I think that despite being British, that his status is applied to any claim I make also.

I work in a nursery school which has closed and he cleans for the NHS as well as working in an electronics company.

If his job goes are we on our own?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: No public funds, covid19

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:11 pm

clareR wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm
His spouse visa is no access to public funds and I I think that despite being British, that his status is applied to any claim I make also.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4.0ext.pdf
clareR wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm
I work in a nursery school which has closed and he cleans for the NHS as well as working in an electronics company.

If his job goes are we on our own?
Govt might pay 80% of wages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

clareR
Newly Registered

Re: No public funds, covid19

Post by clareR » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Thank you for that link.

Yes it was good news last night about me getting my wages. Its not enough for us both to live on if he has to stop working, but we will see, hopefully his job will be secure. The link regards the rules on no public funds is very useful. Thank you and stay well x