ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form question - Please help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leeds_user
Newly Registered
India

MN1 form question - Please help!

Post by Leeds_user » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello,
My wife has recently acquired her ILR, i am still on WP and our son was born in UK in 2018. Our son has an Indian Passport. My understanding is we will first have to register our son as UK citizen before we can apply for his British passport. I am therefore completing his MN1 form. I have few questions where i need help:
1. Personal information - Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form? - I am guessing this is No?
2. Personal information - Have you had settlement in the UK? - Again No as this question relates to the applicant (my son)?
3. Personal information - 5 years address history - Not available since my son is only 2 years old. How should i tackle this question?
4. Parent's immigration status - Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom? - I am not sure what is being asked here, please help

Thanks

Leeds_user
Newly Registered
India

Re: MN1 form question - Please help!

Post by Leeds_user » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:24 am

Hello, can someone answer please

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:54 am

Q1 & Q2 ur answers are right.

Q3. I do not understand ur confusion. If ur child age is 2 so.it is understood that the child has 2 years of residential history. U can mention his 2 years addresses.

Q4. They are asking how you got ILR or settle status. If ur wife got ILR under EEA settelement route so say YES and give details , otherwise tick NO.

Leeds_user
Newly Registered
India

Post by Leeds_user » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:32 am

Hi, thanks for the response. For q3, when I fill address, system says if applicant had stayed there for 5 years. If I say no, it asks for other addresses. If I say yes, it won't be true, hence wanted to check how I should go about it.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 am

Just say NO and in other address use the same address twice fir example

From

To

For example.if child born 01.11.2018 and u r submitting the application on todays date so just mention like this

To: 24.03.2020

Reveise same as previous address if they ask