ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PERMANENT RESIDENCE AFFECT ON BRITISH NATURLISATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Activate
Newly Registered
United States of America

PERMANENT RESIDENCE AFFECT ON BRITISH NATURLISATION

Post by Activate » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:11 am

Hi,

I am new to this disucussion site. I request if anyone can help with some of my questions.

I am a NON-EU National, married to an EU National and we both have acquired permanent residence after living lawfully in UK. Now my spouse, who is an EU National applying for british naturlisation. As I am a NON-EU National, will it affect my permament residence, will I lose my right to stay in the UK? or will there be any problems in future for me regarding my stay in the UK?

I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Alex

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PERMANENT RESIDENCE AFFECT ON BRITISH NATURLISATION

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:13 am

As I am a NON-EU National, will it affect my permament residence, will I lose my right to stay in the UK? or will there be any problems in future for me regarding my stay in the UK?
No effect
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Activate
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Activate » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 am

Thank you very much for the reply and your time.

I am hoping to apply for british naturlisation in June 2020.

I have a complicated immigration history. I hope you can help me if I should apply in June or wait.

Came to UK on student visa TIER4 IN 2011.
Married to EU National in 2014.
Applied for EEA 5 year family permit in June 2014 (refused because I did not send my passport mistakely)
In July 2014 Received home office curtailment email informing my University licensed revoked in Feb 2013 and home office records have been checked and there is no evidence that you have mad an application to change your sponsor or make a fresh application for entry clearence, leave to enter or leave to remain in the UK in any capacity. It is not recommended that the circumstances in your case are such that discreation should be exercised in your favour. The Secretary of State has therefore decided to curtail your leave to enter as a Tier 4 Migrant so as to expieres on 11 September 2014.

Your leave has been curtailed under paragraph 323A(b)(i) of the Immigration Rule.
Before your current leave to entre expires you must either leave the UK or submit a fresh application for leave to remain.

I was not given right to appeal.

I applied again for EEA 5 year family permit in July 2014. I received the EEA5 family permity in January 2015.

Applied permanent residence in 2019 and received it in June 2019.

Now if I apply for british naturlisation, considering my previous curtailment letter, is it a breach in immigration history or I can apply for british naturlisation in June 2019?

I thank you for your help, time and consideration.

Thank you.
Alex.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:21 am

There doesn't seem to be any problem. The curtailment letter itself is not a bad thing. You've applied for your EEA status before the date stated in that letter, so you never overstayed.

Assuming the letter wasn't saying something like "you misused the visa" or "you are not genuine student" or something alike, it also cannot cast doubts over your good character.

Activate
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Activate » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I was worried sick that it might affect my good character.

Thanks.