ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rocher

Universal credit

Post by Rocher » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Dear members am Ilr holder through Tier 1 Ent and my wife has Tier 1 Ent dependent visa and one british child.

Am running same business when i was on Tier 1 ent visa and a director of that business. My income n business really gone down due to covid 19 outbreak.
My question is if i apply for universal tax credit for my survival would it impact on my wifes visa when she will go for extention or ILR????

zimba
Mood:

Re: Universal credit

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:42 pm

Rocher wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:36 pm
Dear members am Ilr holder through Tier 1 Ent and my wife has Tier 1 Ent dependent visa and one british child.

Am running same business when i was on Tier 1 ent visa and a director of that business. My income n business really gone down due to covid 19 outbreak.
My question is if i apply for universal tax credit for my survival would it impact on my wifes visa when she will go for extention or ILR????
Claiming benefits may affect your citizenship application in the future if you choose to apply. Your wife is not entitled to it so she cannot claim any but her application will not be influenced by you claiming benefits
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:59 pm

If your visa does not entitle you to claim benefits but you do then you both will not get ILR or naturalisation. Do not think it is a "could" but a sure "will not".

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:58 am

FaeLLe wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:59 pm
If your visa does not entitle you to claim benefits but you do then you both will not get ILR or naturalisation. Do not think it is a "could" but a sure "will not".
The OP is on ILR so he has access to public funds :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:16 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:58 am
FaeLLe wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:59 pm
The OP is on ILR so he has access to public funds :!:
My bad apologies I obviously misinterpreted the statement...