ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Family Visa Extention lost job what to do?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JackyJames1
Newly Registered

Applying for Family Visa Extention lost job what to do?

Post by JackyJames1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:57 am

So my wife and my daughter came to Britain on family visa as my dependants and i am going to apply for extented leave at the end of this year so i started a new job that will pay enough money that shows that i can take care of my family and get the visa extended but now because of covid 19 i am worried if i lost my job , how will i be able to have enough money to show i can take care of my family. i need advice please help.

iwolga

Re: Applying for Family Visa Extention lost job what to do?

Post by iwolga » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:36 am

I don’t think someone can answer this question as I’m sure HO doesn’t have the answer yet. Let’s just hope they will come up with some reasonable solution

vsab101
Mood:

Post by vsab101 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:04 am

I am in the same situation, probably many of us are in the same boat. I have faith in HO to do the right thing (hopefully).
Biometrics Ahmedabad : 06/01/17 Standard
Documents sent: 06/01 | Received - Sheffield: 09/01
Case Not Straight Forward Email: 31/03
Contacted MP: 19/06
31st October Email: 25/09
Unable to provide Timescale Email: 09/10

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:03 pm

JackyJames1 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:57 am
So my wife and my daughter came to Britain on family visa as my dependants and i am going to apply for extented leave at the end of this year so i started a new job that will pay enough money that shows that i can take care of my family and get the visa extended but now because of covid 19 i am worried if i lost my job , how will i be able to have enough money to show i can take care of my family. i need advice please help.
Until now you should have received some notification detailing the current crisis and its impact on your job. Under coronovirus job retention scheme many workers might be converted into furloughed worker and be benefited from 80% of their wages.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -employees
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.