ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sopra Steria Cancels Biometric Appoointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smn89
Newly Registered

Sopra Steria Cancels Biometric Appoointment

Post by smn89 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi All,

My wife (Chinese from Hong Kong - BNO passport holder) is on the last stage of the 5 year partner Visa and was due to go into the Edinburgh Sopra Steria office tomorrow to do the biometrics.

Her Visa Expires in mid April.

We have just received a email from Sopra Steria saying that her appointment has been cancelled (due to staffing shortages from the covid crisis) and will be refunded and to rebook via the UKVCAS website.

However the website still has the original appointment on the system and the only option is to cancel, without a reschedule option.

What should we do?!

Thank you

Smn

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Sopra Steria Cancels Biometric Appoointment

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:28 pm

smn89 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm
Hi All,

My wife (Chinese from Hong Kong - BNO passport holder) is on the last stage of the 5 year partner Visa and was due to go into the Edinburgh Sopra Steria office tomorrow to do the biometrics.

Her Visa Expires in mid April.

We have just received a email from Sopra Steria saying that her appointment has been cancelled (due to staffing shortages from the covid crisis) and will be refunded and to rebook via the UKVCAS website.

However the website still has the original appointment on the system and the only option is to cancel, without a reschedule option.

What should we do?!

Thank you

Smn
Presently nobody knows as what might be happened the next minute therefore other than staying at home there won't be any other advice available. But still the online application must be submitted online before expiry as the appointments might be offered later probably after three weeks by when the state of lockdown will be reviewed as per the PM latest announcement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

smn89
Newly Registered

Post by smn89 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Hi

Yeah documents were submitted on Friday, very very confused at the moment.

Kind regards

Simon

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:45 pm

smn89 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 pm
Hi

Yeah documents were submitted on Friday, very very confused at the moment.

Kind regards

Simon
Since you have submitted already and cancellation came from them, doubt if there is much you can do other than to wait and monitor the HO update sites and news.
Keep intact evidence of your previous submission and appointment and the cancellation mail you received.
It's a state of global unprecedented confusion.

AliSufii

Post by AliSufii » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Hi

We have my wife's appointment tomorrow at London Victoria

We have received a generic email today, "All documents uploaded are correct and see you tomorrow"

Nothing is mentioned about the cancellation

So we have no option but go out tomorrow to the appointment and take risk

:(

This page HYPERLINK BELOW does not have London Victoria Centre so, we have to go out to the center

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249

willian
Newly Registered

Post by willian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:14 pm

My appointment which was supposed to hold tomorrow was cancelled this afternoon. I've rescheduled another one for next week but I have little faith it won't get cancelled again.

smn89
Newly Registered

Post by smn89 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi All,

Just an update

We rescheduled one for tomorrow at 9am in Edinburgh which also got cancelled by UKVCAS just now via email.
Rebooked for one on Friday in Glasgow.

It's ridiculous with the lack of communication, emails just says to reschedule a appointment!

Smn

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:03 am

Im really confused now.

I have the same issue, my appointment for ILR at London croydon was cancelled and I was asked to cancel and rebook. I managed to get another appointment on 8/4 but not sure if that will go ahead.

Are Visa centers still allowed to operate in this lock down? The reason for cancelation was staff shortages....

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:28 am

smn89 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 pm
Hi All,

Just an update

We rescheduled one for tomorrow at 9am in Edinburgh which also got cancelled by UKVCAS just now via email.
Rebooked for one on Friday in Glasgow.

It's ridiculous with the lack of communication, emails just says to reschedule a appointment!

Smn
Why not be a bit proactive and reschedule it to a later stage? Save all cancellation emails and proof of your online application in time.

It is difficult times now and let’s hope they are over soon.