ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Universal Credit?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zain Ali
Mood:

Applying for Universal Credit?

Post by Zain Ali » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Can I apply for universal credits even though my BRP says (No Public funds) A little background about me is that I have been granted leave to remain. I am on a 10 year family route and will be applying for ILR this November 2020. Due to Cronivrus conditions I am not going to my job but I ma self employed so can I apply for Universal Credit and can my wife and child also apply for it. My child is not in full time education but looking for a job and is 19 year old. Thank you.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Applying for Universal Credit?

Post by Archer1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:03 pm

Zain Ali wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 pm
Can I apply for universal credits even though my BRP says (No Public funds) A little background about me is that I have been granted leave to remain. I am on a 10 year family route and will be applying for ILR this November 2020. Due to Cronivrus conditions I am not going to my job but I ma self employed so can I apply for Universal Credit and can my wife and child also apply for it. My child is not in full time education but looking for a job and is 19 year old. Thank you.
Hi,
I wonder if you have got conditions on your Visa (No Public funds)then how can you apply for UC?
Regards,
__A

Zain Ali
Mood:

Re: Applying for Universal Credit?

Post by Zain Ali » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Archer1 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:03 pm
Hi,
I wonder if you have got conditions on your Visa (No Public funds)then how can you apply for UC?
Regards,
Thanks for replying and yh that is what I am confused about but due to the Covid-19 I saw that people who are self employed and also no recourse fund will also be eligible for Universal credit so I am not sure if you lot have some sort of information that you can share then that would be great. Thank you.