ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emplyer reference for ILR - Job loss due to Pandemic

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

techtoon20
Australia

Emplyer reference for ILR - Job loss due to Pandemic

Post by techtoon20 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi,

My 5 year will be going to complete in July 2020 and my worry is in case made redundant by that time will employer reference letter be still required. I am expecting there should be some relaxation for the cases which are almost complete 5 years stays but last moment lost the job due to Corona pandemic.

regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: Emplyer reference for ILR - Job loss due to Pandemic

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:13 pm

techtoon20 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 pm
Hi,

My 5 year will be going to complete in July 2020 and my worry is in case made redundant by that time will employer reference letter be still required. I am expecting there should be some relaxation for the cases which are almost complete 5 years stays but last moment lost the job due to Corona pandemic.

regards
There is no relaxation of the requirements of ILR. If you become redundant and lose your job, you cannot get ILR under Tier 2. UKVI has left whether to keep the employees (even on unpaid leave) or make them redundant to the sponsors if you read the official UKVI announcements
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:56 pm

techtoon20 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 pm
Hi,

regards
Apply for your absence certication letter now before you are laid off. That way if you find a new job atleast you will have complete documents.

Otherwise even if you get a new job how will you submit letter from employer certifying absence out of country as required.

techtoon20
Australia

Post by techtoon20 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:43 pm

Thanks all , I am hoping there will be some relaxation in this employer requirement as there are lots people will be made redundant due to corona pandemic.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm

techtoon20 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:43 pm
Thanks all , I am hoping there will be some relaxation in this employer requirement as there are lots people will be made redundant due to corona pandemic.
And what if they do not? Will ypu risk your future in the hands od some policy advisors to a minister being sympathetic towards ILR impact to a few people...

Make sure you get that letter no matter what, even if you have to pay your employer to get it because you are entitled to get it.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:26 pm

techtoon20 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:43 pm
That would be unlikely. Government has provided enough support for businesses to not make applicants redundant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

going_dicey
Newly Registered

Post by going_dicey » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:31 am

Building on the OP's question, is there any specific rule or guidance in relation to a situation where you have the employer letter and all associated evidence on the date of application but at some point between that date and 6 months later (or any point the application is pending) you lose your job?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 pm

going_dicey wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:31 am
Building on the OP's question, is there any specific rule or guidance in relation to a situation where you have the employer letter and all associated evidence on the date of application but at some point between that date and 6 months later (or any point the application is pending) you lose your job?
You cannot get ILR as per Tier 2 rules if you do not have your job on the day of the decion. They have not changed or relaxed

techtoon20
Australia

Post by techtoon20 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:36 pm

is there any specific format for absence certication letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:39 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

techtoon20
Australia

Post by techtoon20 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:38 pm

Thanks CR001