ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Parents case on EU free movement

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Omiisl

Refused Parents case on EU free movement

Post by Omiisl » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi,
I am a British national living in Belgium for more than 2 years along with my parents (Non EU, Pakistan)

Since I move here in Nov 2017 along with my parents I applied for their residency on my(British) behalf as family member of EU national. Finally after a big struggle the case refused. Its a bit long story but the final outcome is Belgian authority not convinced of anything. Although this process is all went thru solicitors.
I would like to findout from all moderators and experienced people here that;
Is there any other option I can try?
They do not have leave the country notice & since they receive this court case the Pandemic starts and now all departments are closed for non urgent cases.
Last thing solicitor said was once all offices open then she can apply my parents case from the beginning as a new registration.
I am a bit confused & not sure what is the best solution.
My father is 71years old & mother 62years.

I am considering following;
One option is simply to send them back to Pakistan and take care of them as I was doing while in UK.
Or 2nd option to try in any other EU country but I don't know how much time will I get because of Brexit.
Please advice !!!!
:(

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Refused Parents case on EU free movement

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:15 am

Hello

The immigration history as described it not clear enough for people to help you. Specifically you need to share the reasons for refusal as stated in the letter from the Home Office.

I understand you were all in Belgium then moved to the UK. Is that right?

In Belgium did your parents hold an EEA card?

I have never been a believer on the chances of UK nationals going around in EEA in order to bring parents. Especially in the last few years, I felt it got more complicated as more and more people tried it. At the moment, we are in April and the world a bit stuck for a few months. By the time administrations resume normal operations, I don't think there would be a viable window of opportunity to apply on yet another EEA country as British under EEA rules.

As they are old, I don't recommend they travel at the moment. Wait for this Covid situation to clear then see again what are your options in the UK. If not, it could be also an option to get them back home and support them there.

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:39 am

I never got chance to take them back to UK.
I struggle to get their EEA card in Belgium since Nov 2017.
It took me 6 month to arrange & legalise all documents from Pakistan to prove my relationship.

-1st Orange card(6month temporary residence) issued in Sep2018.

-First refusal (Mar 2019): Initial reason for refusal was " No evidence provided that your parents have no other source of income in Pakistan & no property/land".

After that I resubmit more documents which include some tax documents & self declarations to satisfy previous concern.
-2nd orange card issued in June 2019.
-Second refusal (Oct 2019): Almost same reason plus they add that we have not followed first refusal which came from Federal(Brussels) & not leave country and resubmit same documents.
* Just for info I like to mention that I start my application in Antwerp(Flemish region), but all decision comes from Brussels. Although the rule I use to resubmit document 2nd time was an option from Antwerp authority which solicitor use to avoid court proceeding.

-Lastly in Oct2019 lodge an appeal case in court with detail explanation of everything & further with my finances how I support my parents since 2003(the time I moved to UK).
-Case refused with this decision that " it looks like my parents was living better life in Pakistan while you've been supporting them. So it does not show them that you really need to keep them here and support. Also the economic situation in Pakistan is well and there is no other issued like safety/law & order.

I tried to explain it all in a precise way to keep it simple so moderators can get clear picture.

In general I tried everything & I'm sure Belgian authority will not consider anything further. I did my best & showed everything geniune. There is no price for honesty but I am satisfied that I've not lied to anyone to prove things accordingly although my parents are dependent on me since 2003 :)
My question here with all experts that Is there anything I can try in Europe while I am in Belgium to get my parents EEA card anywhere else on fast track?

Thank you Zurubbabel for your reply & I am also considering them to send back PK and support there. Might be a better window open in future after world situation gets better & I might be able to bring them UK directly.

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi Omiisl,

Send me a PM , i think i may have a solution for you. I don't think it is necessary to send your parents back to Pakistan because then it will be tough from to come back. Send me a PM so we can discuss in further details.

Cheers.

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:46 pm

the hurricane wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:09 pm
Hi Omiisl,

Send me a PM , i think i may have a solution for you. I don't think it is necessary to send your parents back to Pakistan because then it will be tough from to come back. Send me a PM so we can discuss in further details.

Cheers.
Hi,
I dont think anyone can send PM here, even in past when somebody sent me messages, I wont be able to read them.
:?:
Will be greatful if you can advice here.
Thanks

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Hi to all moderators,

Can anyone unblock private messaging?
Or Is there any way where members can sent or receive messages.

Regards

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:06 pm

You need to have atleast 30 posts in order to send and receive private messages.

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi,

Do I have to ask moderators after my 30th post to unblock?
Or it unlocks automatically?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:39 pm

Members are reminded that everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers who travel the forum daily and you anonymous status on PM is not guaranteed.

PM is a privilege and can be withdrawn permanently if there is the slightest indication of abuse or rogue advice or trying to solicit business.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blackeyed

Post by blackeyed » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:39 am

the hurricane wrote:
Hi Omiisl,

Cheers.
If there is an option or work around can this be shared on forum instead of pm please ? As this might help other users.

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:15 pm

blackeyed wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:39 am
the hurricane wrote:
Hi Omiisl,

Cheers.
If there is an option or work around can this be shared on forum instead of pm please ? As this might help other users.
So far no one have shared any good possibilities. Experts are more concern here on watching & blocking PM rather then advising in forum.

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:34 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:06 pm
You need to have atleast 30 posts in order to send and receive private messages.
This is not true in all cases.
My messaging section was opens after 30th message & now when I check again today its blocked.
Am I doing any trade here or spamming :?:

Regards to all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:39 pm
Members are reminded that everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers who travel the forum daily and you anonymous status on PM is not guaranteed.

PM is a privilege and can be withdrawn permanently if there is the slightest indication of abuse or rogue advice or trying to solicit business.
Your pm function was withdrawn as was the other members pm function.

If someone cannot post a "solution" on the public page, then it is likely dodgy advice or illegal.

I did issue a warning about this on 5th April.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.