ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa & mother rights

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Asal2020
Newly Registered
Wales

Spouse visa & mother rights

Post by Asal2020 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 pm

Good evening,
Thank you for all the help you do here. I hope you are all staying safe.
I have a quick question if you don't mind, I'm married to a British citizen & we have a son & I'm pregnant. I'm egyptian & I have applied for a spouse visa from Egypt. I'm here now in the UK but I'm having trouble understanding my rights. What if my marriage falls apart during the 5 year period to ILR? Will I be asked to return to Egypt without my British kids? What if I don't meet the family visa requirements? I don't work now & nursery fees are ridiculous. What are my rights exactly? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa & mother rights

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:11 pm

If you relationship breaks down, you apply on FLR(FP) Parent route based on your children. If you don't meet the financial or English requirement, it will be a 10 year route to ILR, 4 x 2.5 year visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Asal2020
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Asal2020 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:41 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:11 pm
If you relationship breaks down, you apply on FLR(FP) Parent route based on your children. If you don't meet the financial or English requirement, it will be a 10 year route to ILR, 4 x 2.5 year visas.
Thank you for your reply.
Is there's a guide for this process please? Where to start? Can I get legal aid & benefits to be able to apply for a divorce?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:28 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp

Contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) for free advice on divorce and your rights.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.