ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 - Proof of residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anhmai
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU1 - Proof of residence

Post by Anhmai » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I am non Eu citizen.
I am waiting for the final decision of my Eu1 application to reside in Ireland as spouse of Eu citizen (German). However I am very worried of the possibility that I may get refused due to the lack of proof of residence. My situation is quite complicated and hope anyone has experience can share your opinion on my case.

Regarding our current residence, me and my husband are not living with landlords, but a tenant. This tenant has a tenancy contract with a letting agency.
We do not have any tenancy contract with that tenant, every month we paid rent to his bank account.

Before I came to Ireland, to apply for entry visa, I have sent to visa section some documents to prove residence of the eu citizen in the state as below:

(1) tenancy contract of the tenant and the letting agency
(2) letter that the tenant confirms my husband the eu citizen is staying with him and paying the rent
(3) utility bills with name of the tenant and my husband the eu citizen on it
(4) bank statement of my husband proving that he paid rent every month.

Luckily I got granted the entry visa but document (1) the original tenancy contract has not ever returned to me. I contacted the section many times but no response.

When I came to Ireland, I started to apply Eu1. Evidence of residence i sent included:

(1) Email recording my conversation with the visa officer to address that the tenancy contract has not yet returned to me.
(2) letter that the tenant confirms my husband the eu citizen and Me the non eu citizen are staying with him and paying the rent
(3) utility bills with name of the tenant and my husband the eu citizen on it
(4) bank statement of my husband proving that he paid rent every month.

INIS later granted me temporary permission to stay but requested me to send evidence of residence as below:

“ Please submit the following documents for evidence of residency: Tenancy
Agreement/letter from landlord in applicant and EU citizens name, RTB
letters in both names, utility bill/bank statement in applicants name.”

Even previously I already made a clear writing to explain to them my residence situation. I have not received the tenancy contract from Visa section. And in our situation we cannot have RTB letter because we are not living with landlords.

So I only can submitted further evidences including
(1) utility bills with name of the tenant, the eu citizen and my name who is the applicant
(2) bank statement of the applicant (me)

And submitted again these 2 documents:

1) Email recording my conversation with the visa officer to address that the tenancy contract has not yet returned to me.
(2) letter that the tenant confirms my husband the eu citizen and Me the non eu citizen are staying with him and paying the rent

I am sorry for this long and complicated post. I am very worried because I know there are some people
got refused just because of evidence of residence.

Can anyone let me know if it is possible they refuse? If so what else I can do?

Many thanks.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EU1 - Proof of residence

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:08 pm

To any foreign national in any country: make sure you register with all utility providers. If you are a couple, register both your names with electricity, gas, water, landline... providers.

Refuse to go paperless with your bank or any other provider.

If you do that, you get a least a letter a month with both your names on it.

You can't afford as a foreigner to live paperless until such a day that immigration authorities ask you for a proof of address.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:44 pm

I have been living in Ireland for 11 years. All my bills are paperless. I have never had any problem with it. All my visa applications and annual residence permit renewals accepted my online banking bills/statements without any issue.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Regarding OP’s situation, you shouldn’t have to live with your landlord in order to have a letter from RTB. All landlords are required to register with RTB before they can legally rent out their property.

And yes you should explain that the letter is still with the visa department (although to be fair they clearly said they would not return any document when your visa is approved, and you should provide copies at the time if you want the original to be returned).

Other than that, you can buy an insurance policy (e.g. health insurance, content only insurance, jewellery insurance) with both of your names on it. You can get an online banking statements with both names with banks like N26 in a few minutes.

Anhmai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Anhmai » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:08 pm
To any foreign national in any country: make sure you register with all utility providers. If you are a couple, register both your names with electricity, gas, water, landline... providers.

Refuse to go paperless with your bank or any other provider.

If you do that, you get a least a letter a month with both your names on it.

You can't afford as a foreigner to live paperless until such a day that immigration authorities ask you for a proof of address.
Hi,

Exactly that was what I did. I already can provide utility bills with names of mine, the Eu citizen and of the official tenant in that apartment.

We also already provided bank statement of the Euitizen and that of mine. Both have the same address.

We had the letter of that official tenant confirming that we are currently staying in that apartment.

My worry is if above documents is sufficient for INIS to prove my residence. We are not living with landlords so we cannot have TRTB or tenancy contract with our names.

And as I said, the contract between the official tenant and letting agency has not ever returned to us.

I am very worried that we will get refused for this proof of residence.

Anhmai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Anhmai » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:18 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 pm
Regarding OP’s situation, you shouldn’t have to live with your landlord in order to have a letter from RTB. All landlords are required to register with RTB before they can legally rent out their property.

And yes you should explain that the letter is still with the visa department (although to be fair they clearly said they would not return any document when your visa is approved, and you should provide copies at the time if you want the original to be returned).

Other than that, you can buy an insurance policy (e.g. health insurance, content only insurance, jewellery insurance) with both of your names on it. You can get an online banking statements with both names with banks like N26 in a few minutes.
Hi,

Thank you for your advice.

Regarding RTB yeah we could not do anything with it because we are not living with landlords. We are living with an official tenant who has a contract with the letting agency. And this tenant already made a letter confirming the residence of me and eu citizen in the apartment.

Actually the department did return original documents after process. They required me to make a list of original docs I need to get returned. And I clearly stated this contract in the list along with Eu citizen labour contracts p60 etc. I received all docs except for that tenancy contract. And unfortunately I did not have copy of that contract.

We had bank statements and utility bills with my name and eu citizen name on it.

Again, I am not sure if documents I provided is enough to prove my residence. Is it possible i get refused for not providing RTB and tenancy contract between the official tenant and letting agency.

You know even if i get refused, I only have 15 days to ask for review. And in 15 days I really cannot move to somewhere else to have tenancy contract or RTB.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:55 pm

Well it’s up to the immigration officer (and the minister) who will give the final decision. Since you have already provided everything except for the RTB letter, I do not anticipate that they would reject your application, but that’s just my thought. Good luck.

Anhmai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Anhmai » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:46 am

littlerr wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:55 pm
Well it’s up to the immigration officer (and the minister) who will give the final decision. Since you have already provided everything except for the RTB letter, I do not anticipate that they would reject your application, but that’s just my thought. Good luck.
Thank you a lot. Hope I will get good news soon.

BobDuru
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by BobDuru » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:01 pm

Most definitely
You will get a positive response as long as you have submitted all the required documents.

Anhmai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Anhmai » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:35 pm

BobDuru wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:01 pm
Most definitely
You will get a positive response as long as you have submitted all the required documents.
Yeah the point is I did not submit all required docs. I could not submit RTB letter. And the tenancy contract between the official tenant and letting agency is in hands of another department (Visa Appeal department).