ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALISATION APPLICATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

axeman85
Ghana

NATURALISATION APPLICATION

Post by axeman85 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Good Evening guys

Please i would appreciate you assistance.

June 28 2020 will be 1 year i have my settled status and i intend applying for my naturalisation that day or next.

i have the following questions and would appreciate some answers.

1: the 5 years residency when does it start counting ? even tho i have been living in the uk since 2004

2: I am currently a Nursing student in Uni, what should i put in the employment section ? although i work with an agency when i have the time.

3: the english requirement, i have my life in uk and a foundation degree certificate from university of sheffield. will that be ok ? should i also include a letter from my current uni confirming me as a student in full time education.

4: current nationality is Nigerian.

thanks guys

zimba
Mood:

Re: NATURALISATION APPLICATION

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:57 pm

1. From your application submission date counting backwards
2. Unemployed. Your employment status is not important
3. If you got ILR last year, you automatically satisfy the English language requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:57 pm
1. From your application submission date counting backwards
2. Unemployed. Your employment status is not important
3. If you got ILR last year, you automatically satisfy the English language requirement
thanks for reply zimba.

1: so that is 28 june 2015 i guess ?

2: so i can put unemployed and (full time student ) or just put the name of the agency i work for ?

3: yes i got settled status/ ILR last year so is it this option i choose ?

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013 ?

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:24 pm

4: Also do i need to include all my previous passports or just the current passport which is valid from 2017 ?

5: also i cant remember my employment record for the last 10years. does it matter ?

6: in the last 5 years i have lived at 1 address but i lived for 1 month in another address. the agency i work for didnt change the address to the correct one even tho i sent them plenty email. so does it matter that the address on p60 is different from address that i live in ?

7: i dont have some p60 for some years does it matter also.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:10 pm

3. If you for ilr through the settled status scheme, you did not have to meet the English and liuk requirements. You need a qualifying UK degree to use it to meet the English requirment, ie bachelor, masters or PhD.

4. All passports covering 5 years.

5. Yes it does matter. Ho do cross check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:10 pm
3. If you for ilr through the settled status scheme, you did not have to meet the English and liuk requirements. You need a qualifying UK degree to use it to meet the English requirment, ie bachelor, masters or PhD.

4. All passports covering 5 years.

5. Yes it does matter. Ho do cross check.

sorry i am non eea family member. i know i need the life in uk . i have a foundation degree certificate from a uk university is that ok. i am asking because i dont know which option to choose . pls clarify

4: so am guessing i have to include my old passports also. that has expired.

5: hopefully i can get my employment record from hmrc.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:26 am

pls guys am still waiting for clarifications ..... thanks...

also @zimba

if i say am unemployed and they check hmrc and see that i have a job with an agency will it not have an adverse effect ?

also where it says TAX REFERENCE NUMBER . where do i get that from ?

thanks guys

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:34 am

axeman85 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:26 am
pls guys am still waiting for clarifications ..... thanks...
Re. foundation degree - not sure whether this is acceptable as it is the equivalent of 2/3rds of a full honours degree, from what I could gather.
also @zimba

if i say am unemployed and they check hmrc and see that i have a job with an agency will it not have an adverse effect ?
if you are with an agency you are employed by them whether you have work or not. Only show periods of unemployment where you didn't have any employment contract.
also where it says TAX REFERENCE NUMBER . where do i get that from ?
You should find that on your payslip or P60 format like abc/xyz letters and/or numbers.

thanks guys
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:40 am

@alhasser ...

Pls am getting confused .

I did my a levels here in uk. Family member of eea national with settled status..I have life in uk. Currently a student nurse ...

Which option do I select in this section... granted settled status in june 2019..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:52 am

A levels are not sufficient. You need a bachelor's degree or a master's or a PhD.

If you don't have any of these, which it doesn't appear you do not as you are still studying, you need to do the English B1 test at one of the ho approved centres.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:52 am
A levels are not sufficient. You need a bachelor's degree or a master's or a PhD.

If you don't have any of these, which it doesn't appear you do not as you are still studying, you need to do the English B1 test at one of the ho approved centres.

Thanks for your reply cr001.

Am from Nigeria which is an english speaking country. Also non eea family member, foundation degree and currently a nursing student do3snt it count as all these were taught in english ?..

Also the option that says achieved since 2013 on the form who does that apply to ?

Thanks for your replies...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:00 am

Am from Nigeria which is an english speaking country. Also non eea family member, foundation degree and currently a nursing student do3snt it count as all these were taught in english ?..
Nigeria is not an exempt country for the English test. Currently studying doesn't count. You need they physical degree certificate.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions
Also the option that says achieved since 2013 on the form who does that apply to ?
That applies to those who applied for ilr on or after 28 October 2013 who had to meet the English B1 test for ilr. It doesn't apply to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:05 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:00 am
Nigeria is not an exempt country for the English test. Currently studying doesn't count. You need they physical degree certificate.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions
That applies to those who applied for ilr on or after 28 October 2013 who had to meet the English B1 test for ilr. It doesn't apply to you.

That's so I guess I have to do the test then...🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:12 pm

for all who have answered my question in regards to the B1 . i say thanks and i have booked the test for the 18th of next month .. paying £150 is too dare tho.

please 2 more questions.

1: 10years employment history, i have checked my personal tax account online via the hmrc self service and all that shows is the last 5years from 6th April 2015. Anything before that i cant find. although i have an employment history from hmrc showing some employment i know nothing about and i have a complained to them and they are investigating. So do i still include them in my 10year history ?

2: in section 9 it says evidence of ni contribution. i cant find p60 from before 2016, because moved houses and cant also get replacement p60s because some of the employers are no longer in business. however on my personal tax account with hmrc, it shows all records of NI contributions till date. can i print that out and use it

thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:35 am

axeman85 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:12 pm
for all who have answered my question in regards to the B1 . i say thanks and i have booked the test for the 18th of next month .. paying £150 is too dare tho.

please 2 more questions.

1: 10years employment history, i have checked my personal tax account online via the hmrc self service and all that shows is the last 5years from 6th April 2015. Anything before that i cant find. although i have an employment history from hmrc showing some employment i know nothing about and i have a complained to them and they are investigating. So do i still include them in my 10year history ?

2: in section 9 it says evidence of ni contribution. i cant find p60 from before 2016, because moved houses and cant also get replacement p60s because some of the employers are no longer in business. however on my personal tax account with hmrc, it shows all records of NI contributions till date. can i print that out and use it

thanks
Just to mention that since you have HMRC online account, you can always update your address by yourself.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:35 am
axeman85 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:12 pm

please 2 more questions.

thanks
Just to mention that since you have HMRC online account, you can always update your address by yourself.

yea i know but cant change on already printed document.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:08 am

Good Morning guys and welldone for helping people like us out.

please i am in the process of submitting my application how ever the biometric part.

for the residence card issued as part of the ILR/settled status. do i answer yes or no to the question below.

the only card i have is the one issued with the settled status

6.1 Have you been issued with a BRP with a previous application for leave?

6.7 BRP enclosed? should i say yes and then select the no option that ask me to send after citizenship granted ?

thankf roy our replies.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:30 am

6.1. Yes
6.7. Yes - this is about the copy you will upload with your application (you don't post original documents with your application).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:32 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:30 am
6.1. Yes
6.7. Yes - this is about the copy you will upload with your application (you don't post original documents with your application).

Thank you very mcuh.