ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension - english test B1

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vista
Newly Registered

Spouse visa extension - english test B1

Post by vista » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Hello friends,
My wife got 30 months(2.5 years) for FLR(M) which is due for extension next month for another 2.5 years. she passed B1 Gese grade 5 English test while first time application. I was wondering if we will be able to use the same B1 certificate for the extension of FLR(M) this time.

Note: I got my ILR via 10 years residency route

For future reference, can she apply for ILR in the future re-using this B1 certificate again?

Any advice/experience

Many thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa extension - english test B1

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:05 pm

Yes according to Appendix FM SE

32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker will accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:
(a) from a provider which is no longer approved, or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved, or
(c) from a test centre which is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date (if a validity date is required), provided that it is at or above the requisite level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and when the subsequent application is made:
(i) the applicant has had continuous leave (disregarding any current period of overstaying where paragraph 39E of these Rules applies, as well as any previous period of overstaying where: the further application was made before 24 November 2016 and within 28 days of the expiry of leave; or the further application was made on or after 24 November 2016 and paragraph 39E of these Rules applied) as a partner or parent since the Home Office accepted the test certificate as valid; and
(ii) the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of this Appendix.”
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

vista
Newly Registered

Post by vista » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Thank you for the information :D
For future reference, can she apply for ILR in the future re-using this B1 certificate again?

Cheers

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:22 pm

vista wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:07 pm
Thank you for the information :D

Cheers
Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vista
Newly Registered

Post by vista » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:39 pm

Perfect. Really appreciate what you guys do.
Keep it up :)
Cheers