ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship want to apply for irish passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wifeofaking
Kenya

British Citizenship want to apply for irish passport

Post by Wifeofaking » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Hello,

Please my wife is a British Citizenship, she has an irish daughter and she want to apply for an irish passport, is it possible ?

what is the timeline please ?

and what extra does she need ?

please does she need a lawyer?

she has lived in ireland since 2015

i would appreciate all your kind response.

nojoyfrominis

Re: British Citizenship want to apply for irish passport

Post by nojoyfrominis » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:58 am

British citizenship doesn’t lead to Irish passport. As she is 5 years in Ireland, she can apply for Irish naturalisation in her own right. You don’t need solicitor. It is straight forward application. You need to fill the form and send it along with supporting documents. It costs 175 euros at the point of application and 950 euros once approved. The straight forward application should technically take 6 months but most applicants wait between 1 and 2 years and few even longer than two years. In my case it took just over a year. I was also British applying for Irish naturalisation.
But due to current circumstances there could be a backlog delaying future applications as well