ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh NHS Support and Visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nitaant
Newly Registered
India

Surinder Singh NHS Support and Visa

Post by nitaant » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:21 am

Hi,

I am a 31 year old dependent on my mother who is PAXed to a British National. I have schizophrenia and discontinued my studies 10 years ago due to mental illness.

I wanted to know if I am eligible for long term NHS aid and a work/study permit visa under the Surinder Singh act.

My mother and her PAX partner both have residence in an EAA country (France) for the last 10 years and plenty of ways to prove it.

I want a better life and education for myself. If I have funding and support, would it be possible for me to move to the UK on my own and stay in a long term assisted living environment in the UK under NHS care while pursuing career and studies in the UK? I would be a dependent of a dependent: I have no legal relation myself with the PAX partner, but am a legal dependent of my mother due to my mental illness and she is a legal dependent of her PAX partner.

Would it be required for my mother to move as well for me to move, or can I go on my own?

What is the application process like for such a circumstance?

thanks

secret.simon

Re: Surinder Singh NHS Support and Visa

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 am

nitaant wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:21 am
Would it be required for my mother to move as well for me to move, or can I go on my own?
It would be required for your mother and the British citizen she is PACSed to move back to the UK and stay in the UK for the next five years at least, if you want to apply under the Surinder Singh route (not Act).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:30 am

Are you living in France with you mother and her partner at the moment?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Am I misunderstanding this? You are not a UK citizen (do not have a legal right to live here), and have no other ties here. Are you over 18 years old? So you want to come to live in the UK because your mother is a same sex relationship with an EEA national, (which is why she can live in France?) and you live with her as she takes care of you due to your mental condition.

You also want the UK NHS to provide you with mental health support, while you study in the UK?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:51 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 am
It would be required for your mother and the British citizen she is PACSed to move back to the UK and stay in the UK for the next five years at least, if you want to apply under the Surinder Singh route (not Act).
Obie wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:30 am
Are you living in France with you mother and her partner at the moment?
For the Surinder Singh route to work, you would need to apply to live in France with your mother and her British partner as a dependent under EU law. Once your application is successful, you will need to reside with her and her British partner in France. Then, all three of you would need to move to the UK together. Your rights will remain dependent on your mother's British partner remaining in the UK for the next five years after moving back to the UK.
THO wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:25 pm
your mother is a same sex relationship with an EEA national
Not relevant and not necessarily true. About 80% of PACS are issued to opposite-sex couples.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.