ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do anyone know what is blocking the recent visa application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

myself1999
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Do anyone know what is blocking the recent visa application?

Post by myself1999 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:21 pm

I heard from a recruiter saying visa application is blocked at the moment due to home office is closed. wondering if it is the case or they meant the visa centres for biometrics enrolment closed which delays visa application? My current tier 2 visa is going to be due in July 2020. My employer is going to extend it now but I'm worried it will be impacted by the covid-19 situation.

Many Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do anyone know what is blocking the recent visa application?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:00 am

Ukcvas Centres are closed for biometrics.

Visa applications online are still being done and people must apply before their visas expire.

Anyone who applies online now will experience delays.

Priority and super priority service is also suspended at the moment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 am

myself1999 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:21 pm
I heard from a recruiter saying visa application is blocked at the moment due to home office is closed. wondering if it is the case or they meant the visa centres for biometrics enrolment closed which delays visa application? My current tier 2 visa is going to be due in July 2020. My employer is going to extend it now but I'm worried it will be impacted by the covid-19 situation.

Many Thanks!
CR001 has provided a summary of what is happening.

July is still some months away, so you should be fine. You can submit your application online before it expires and then attend a biometrics center when they open. Hopefully things should be better in July than they are now.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

myself1999
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by myself1999 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:14 pm

Thank you so much! :)