ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transferring indefinite leave to remain stamp to biometric card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ankooo
Newly Registered
Japan

Transferring indefinite leave to remain stamp to biometric card

Post by ankooo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:11 pm

I am trying to start working for NHS but has been told I need to transfer my Indefinite Leave to Remain stamp from the expired passport to Biometric Residence Card. So I need to do this ASAP.

I have been rather confused about the process.

After I sent the online application, do I need to send my passport and other documents by post somewhere? Or do I go to a designated centre for them to be scanned and do not need to send them away?

People on the inquiry phone said different things and I am confused. I don't want to send my passport away for 6 months.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Transferring indefinite leave to remain stamp to biometric card

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:43 pm

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1576788059

You need to follow the above link for this purpose where after completing the application form you will be directed to UKVCAS (UKVI's partner) to enroll your biometrics and scan your supporting documents which you can even choose to do by yourself means no original will be sent in post. Due to pandemic there is no super priority service but you would have to choose standard service which used to consume around 6 months before pandemic in few cases.
There are a lot of relaxation for NHS staff from visa rules to clapping so better to request your NHS employer that transfer of old ILR sticker into BRP might not be possible until the end of lock down.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.