ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor visa to help during my pregnancy and post pregnancy

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sharun2914
Newly Registered
India

Family Visitor visa to help during my pregnancy and post pregnancy

Post by sharun2914 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Hello Sir/Madam,

I'm currently holding an ILR and I would like to call my parents on a Visitor visa to help around the due date of my Pregnancy which is by September. I've been a full time employee as a Design and Development engineer, since July 2015 and I'm planning to take about 6 months (atleast) of Maternity leave following the birth of the baby. My husband is a full time employee for past 1 year as an IT consultant.

My mother who resides in India, is a Retired Senior Civil Surgeon(a Government pensioner), she also has her private clinic of herself that she runs and my father is dependent on my mother's earnings for past many years due to personal family reasons.

My first question is, in order to apply for UK Visitors visa to both my parents for 6 months( *they may not stay for the whole 6 months as my mother has her clinic back in India), to show my bank account as a sponsor of the stay, How much money do I need to show in my account (per applicant) and for how long does it have to stay in my account? (I may also be able to provide my mother's bank statement of pensions/savings(if applicable) )

My second question is, Considering the current Covid 19 situation, I doubt if the application for visitor visa can be applied prior to September. So, as a proof of documents, my pay slips will reflect the Statutory maternity pay from September onwards which would be lesser than the actual pay I receive monthly. Will I still be able to apply for their visa with my bank statement to support? or do I have to take my mother's or my parent's joint account statement as proof.

I'm also looking to relocate from my current house to a slightly bigger house considering the arrival of the baby.
My third question is, would this affect the Visitor visa application, as I would most probably be residing in a new place, and the utility bills, bank statements and rental agreement will be quite recent? On the other hand, do you suggest, that I don't relocate and stick to the same residence until we get the Visa sorted for them and then relocate?

Looking forward to hearing from someone who could answer my questions.

Many Thanks in advance
SHARUN

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Family Visitor visa to help during my pregnancy and post pregnancy

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 pm

sharun2914 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:12 pm
Hello Sir/Madam,

I'm currently holding an ILR and I would like to call my parents on a Visitor visa to help around the due date of my Pregnancy which is by September. I've been a full time employee as a Design and Development engineer, since July 2015 and I'm planning to take about 6 months (atleast) of Maternity leave following the birth of the baby. My husband is a full time employee for past 1 year as an IT consultant.

My mother who resides in India, is a Retired Senior Civil Surgeon(a Government pensioner), she also has her private clinic of herself that she runs and my father is dependent on my mother's earnings for past many years due to personal family reasons.

My first question is, in order to apply for UK Visitors visa to both my parents for 6 months( *they may not stay for the whole 6 months as my mother has her clinic back in India), to show my bank account as a sponsor of the stay, How much money do I need to show in my account (per applicant) and for how long does it have to stay in my account? (I may also be able to provide my mother's bank statement of pensions/savings(if applicable) Unlike Spouse visa (which I presumed was your line of thought) the visitor visa does not require you to show having particular about in account for the applicant(s). However, you must show bank statements reflecting the realities in ground I.e. that your income is sufficient to take care of their stay with no recourse to public funds. As sponsor, you need 6 months bank statements showing your income and therefore balance reflecting on the last statement reflecting enough to cater for their stay will be to your advantage.
Note that 1. You and spouse can show both your banks statements as sponsor.
2. If your mother's bank account has some good balance, you can indicate that she is bearing the cost of some aspects of the visit e.g. that she is paying for the ticket and or some other aspects that her balance can easily carry.

My second question is, Considering the current Covid 19 situation, I doubt if the application for visitor visa can be applied prior to September. So, as a proof of documents, my pay slips will reflect the Statutory maternity pay from September onwards which would be lesser than the actual pay I receive monthly. Will I still be able to apply for their visa with my bank statement to support? or do I have to take my mother's or my parent's joint account statement as proof. Inspite of the SMP amount, if this is still enough to allow their stay comfortable, no worries, if not your spouse and or parents account can come into play to help out as stated above.

I'm also looking to relocate from my current house to a slightly bigger house considering the arrival of the baby.
My third question is, would this affect the Visitor visa application, as I would most probably be residing in a new place, and the utility bills, bank statements and rental agreement will be quite recent? On the other hand, do you suggest, that I don't relocate and stick to the same residence until we get the Visa sorted for them and then relocate?

Many Thanks in advance
SHARUN
I presume parents are a bit elderly (since mother is a pensioner) so it will be advantageous to show evidence that they have strong ties to home country that will give them reason to leave UK and not overstay. Such will include business registration or things to do with your mother's clinic, house in home country, other children and or loved ones in home country etc.

Only provided answers about what I know, others with more knowledge/experience of particular situation will respond I hope.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Family Visitor visa to help during my pregnancy and post pregnancy

Post by Route to ILR » Mon May 04, 2020 1:18 am

sharun2914 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:12 pm
Hello Sir/Madam,

My first question is, in order to apply for UK Visitors visa to both my parents for 6 months( *they may not stay for the whole 6 months as my mother has her clinic back in India), to show my bank account as a sponsor of the stay, How much money do I need to show in my account (per applicant) and for how long does it have to stay in my account? (I may also be able to provide my mother's bank statement of pensions/savings(if applicable) )

My second question is, Considering the current Covid 19 situation, I doubt if the application for visitor visa can be applied prior to September. So, as a proof of documents, my pay slips will reflect the Statutory maternity pay from September onwards which would be lesser than the actual pay I receive monthly. Will I still be able to apply for their visa with my bank statement to support? or do I have to take my mother's or my parent's joint account statement as proof.

Many Thanks in advance
SHARUN
Hi,

From kind of question u asked i believe u have no or very less knowledge about visit visa process and how to handle the visitor visa application.

Its very very hard these days to get the visit visa. it is not a piece of cake. U need to be very very careful what u say in the application form. As if they refuse once very hard to get visa again.

1. In the application form do not mention that they r coming to look after u during pregnancy or after as ECO(Entry Clearance Officer) get the impression or take this as care work, which they can't do as a visitor. Simple say they r coming to visit u during this time.

2. Duration of visit must not be excced from 4 to 6 weeks. More time u mention less chance to get the visa.

3.Never ever try to deposit large amount of cash in your account or your parents account prior to the application. Straight refusal. They need 6 months bank statement minmum balance 8 t 10 lacs more than enough for 2 people. Any deposits must be supported by relevant proof.

Your parents documents and bank statement carries more weight than yours even if u r sponsoring the whole trip.

More financial and social ties they show back home more chances to get the visa.

U need to provide proof of the residence where they will stay during the trip. U need housing inspection report to prove that your property will not be overcrowded if they visit u. U can get this from any local estate agent, they charge u a fees. Its not mandatory but good evidence thst where they stay during the visit.