ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Spouse Visa-5 Year Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR Application - Spouse Visa-5 Year Route

Post by Aadil123 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi All,
I hope you all are safe and enjoying good health.

I need to apply for my wife ILR under category Spouse visa (SET-M-online). I got few questions and would appreciate if you can help me here

1. What date do we need to consider for ILR 5 years completion, the date when first visa was granted or the date when she entered in UK ? (difference is 37 days only though)?
2. Which supporting document we need to provide to answer this question on SET (M) form "Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years"?
3. Which supporting documents we need to provide to answer this question on SET (M) form "Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary Explain why " ?
4. Which supporting documents we need to provide to answer this question on SET (M) form "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK"?
5. Would the accountant letter be enough to to answer this question on SET (M) formt " Evidence of ongoing employment as a director of the company or of ongoing dividend income from the company at the date of application" ?
6.Once you submit the online application can you edit it later ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application - Spouse Visa-5 Year Route

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:34 pm

1. Date she entered the UK in a spouse visa ( not a 6 months fiance visa)

2. No supporting documents. Simply answer the question in the form.

3. See #2 answer above.

4. See #2 answer above.

5. Have you read Appendix 1.7 section 9?? It answers your question.

6. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:54 pm

HI ,

Thanks for your reply

1. Date she entered the UK in a spouse visa ( not a 6 months fiance visa)
# Thanks, she was on spouse visa from day first.I can apply 28 days before her UK entry date ?

2. "Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years"?
# what strong reasons you can provide to answer this?

3. "Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary Explain why " ?
#what strong reasons you can provide to answer this?

4. "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK"?
# what strong reasons you can provide to answer this ?

5. Have you read Appendix 1.7 section 9?? It answers your question.
# I reviewed it again and got the answer ,Thanks

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:53 pm

1. Yes.

2. She must answer the question based on her friend or family in home country. Social groups refer to like a church group etc and not social media.

3. It isn't a trick question. Simply answer whether you can or can't.

4. You don't have to answer every single question. There is no right or wrong reason. If you want to answer, based a brief answer in your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Tue May 05, 2020 4:31 pm

Thank you very much :)