ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension documents confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MonaB2
Newly Registered

Visa extension documents confusion

Post by MonaB2 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi,

My husband arrived in the U.K. in September 2017 from India and is now due to extend his spouse visas after completing 33 months. His visas expire on 21st May 2020.

We have filled the online form but have yet to pay and submit the application.

My question is regarding the documents required to prove we have been living together for the last 2.5 years. I’ve read confusing things on many forums about joint documents and individual documents.

We have joint council tax bills, joint water bills from 2018 onwards but they are both sent on a yearly basis eg March of every year.

Will these count as proof? I’ve read you need documents which need to spaced out in 4 months interval.

We also have a joint bank account and all the statements for that but the account was opened in April 2019 so if we use that will we need another type of proof for the time before April 2019?

Will these 3 joint documents be enough proof or will we need more individual documents too?

I would really appreciate it if someone can explain to me what needs to be done as we’re running out of time and I’m very stressed.

Thank you in advance.

Casa

Re: Visa extension documents confusion

Post by Casa » Tue May 05, 2020 6:17 pm

You need 6 pieces of evidence in joint names, from 3 different sources. Or 6 pieces each (12) if in single names. These should be spread as evenly as possible over the qualifying period and any correspondence/bills etc., will be accepted providing the name, address and date are shown.

You probably have a TV licence, NHS registration etc........
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue May 05, 2020 11:02 pm

MonaB2 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:39 pm
I’ve read you need documents which need to spaced out in 4 months interval.
4 and 5 months to cover 2 years.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 06, 2020 4:05 am

MonaB2 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:39 pm

We have joint council tax bills, joint water bills from 2018 onwards but they are both sent on a yearly basis eg March of every year
Despite these cover the whole year but only its date of issuance will matter means you will need more evidences even in individual names. I am sure you might kept receiving from time to time some notifications in post in relation of these yearly bills, if so then these can be used as well. Most often few evidences almost everyone receive such as mobile/broadband bill, letters from HMRC/DVLA/NHS, voter registration letter, newsletter from retailers/service providers etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.