ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

idaz
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa

Post by idaz » Sat May 09, 2020 11:17 am

Hope anyone reading this is well :)

My husband is Egyptian applying from Saudi Arabia.

Fortunately, we submitted our application and enrolled for the bio-metrics just before lock-down, on 22nd March 2020

We applied using the non-priority service and I submitted our supporting documents in Manchester VAC

I understand that all Visa Application Centres are closed worldwide. We received an email from the Home Office a couple of weeks ago stating that our Visa Application has been put on hold due to COVID-19

However, my question is, are Home Office still working remotely? Like, will they still be assessing through the documents and working through making a decision? I ask this because I know they are assessing inside-UK Visa Applications & i have read some posts on here (ImmigrationBoard Website) that they have started to assess outside-UK Visa Applications (i.e employers have been contacted etc)

Please can you enlighten me if the Home Office are still operating and assessing OUTSIDE SPOUSE VIS APPLICATIONS (the non-priority ones)

Kindest regards,

Ida

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Sat May 09, 2020 1:27 pm

idaz wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:17 am
However, my question is, are Home Office still working remotely? Like, will they still be assessing through the documents and working through making a decision?
Yes they seems to have been operating with skeleton staff while giving the priority to in country applications.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

idaz
Newly Registered

Post by idaz » Sat May 09, 2020 1:36 pm

I see

Do you think they'll be meeting their 12 week processing time as they aren't receiving any new applications (since applicants cant attend biometrics)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 09, 2020 1:54 pm

idaz wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:36 pm
I see

Do you think they'll be meeting their 12 week processing time
Probably not. Also they aren't obliged to during this cvd19 pandemic where people are advised to stay home rather than leave/travel to anywhere.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon May 11, 2020 7:45 am

idaz wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:36 pm
Do you think they'll be meeting their 12 week processing time as they aren't receiving any new applications (since applicants cant attend biometrics)
The closure of the overseas visa application centres will also likely affect this timeline in terms of processing passports and sending correspondence. So the restrictions in the country the application was submitted from may also have an impact on when a decision is received.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

idaz
Newly Registered

Post by idaz » Mon May 11, 2020 8:03 am

You are right I guess

Yesterday, the Prime Minister announced that we should return back to work if we cannot work from home so do you think the Home Office will be working full capacity again?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon May 11, 2020 8:16 am

idaz wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:03 am
do you think the Home Office will be working full capacity again?
Depends on far too many variables to say for sure, but it seems unlikely. Guidance on vulnerable people continuing to stay at home, reductions in public transport capacity, and difficulties in securing childcare will likely keep many people at home for the foreseeable future.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon May 11, 2020 1:32 pm

idaz wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:03 am
You are right I guess

Yesterday, the Prime Minister announced that we should return back to work if we cannot work from home so do you think the Home Office will be working full capacity again?
That was mainly for construction & manufacturing industry whilst advising others to work from home if possible.