ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moa7

General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by Moa7 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:50 pm

Since the previous thread has been locked I thought It'll be useful to start a new one.

Has anyone actually received a decision on their naturalization applications since receiving this kind of an email from NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk?

Good Morning,

Thank you for your e-mail.

According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 9 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter by 9 May 2020, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this was of some assistance.

Regards

Xxxxx
AO Grade
Nationality Exceptions Team

UK Visas and Immigration

PBS & Citizenship

BoyTed
Somalia

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by BoyTed » Sat May 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi Moa,
Congrats looks you've had a decision I'd suggest you contact the helpdesk.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 pm

I got a similar email on 27 April, but it said "I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email."
I haven't received any letters from the Home Office. Maybe they are not sending any physical letters during the lockdown.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sun May 10, 2020 12:43 pm

Moa7 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:50 pm
Since the previous thread has been locked I thought It'll be useful to start a new one.

Has anyone actually received a decision on their naturalization applications since receiving this kind of an email from NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk?

Good Morning,

Thank you for your e-mail.

According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 9 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter by 9 May 2020, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:

Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this was of some assistance.

Regards

Xxxxx
AO Grade
Nationality Exceptions Team

UK Visas and Immigration

PBS & Citizenship
Good that you start that thread, It would be useful to know if any have received the letter.
nnn15 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 pm
I got a similar email on 27 April, but it said "I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email."
I haven't received any letters from the Home Office. Maybe they are not sending any physical letters during the lockdown.
I had similar reply on 4th May but have not received any letters.

Wish everyone good luck!

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:44 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:57 pm
Hi Moa,
Thanks BoyTed I've called them but they said they can't advise any further and to just wait for the letter as it should arrive by 9 May which it hasn't. I'm also not sure how authentic the NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk email address is? Or the Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk one either

I'm surprised why they're not emailing decision letters instead since ILR applications are getting email decisions.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sun May 10, 2020 1:14 pm

Moa7 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:44 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:57 pm
Hi Moa,
Thanks BoyTed I've called them but they said they can't advise any further and to just wait for the letter as it should arrive by 9 May which it hasn't. I'm also not sure how authentic the NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk email address is? Or the Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk one either

I'm surprised why they're not emailing decision letters instead since ILR applications are getting email decisions.
Are the applicants of ILR getting their decisions by emails at the moment?
If so, why the HO is not doing the same for the citizenship?

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:01 pm

rozearo wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:14 pm
Are the applicants of ILR getting their decisions by emails at the moment?
If so, why the HO is not doing the same for the citizenship?
Yes they are for ILR. Some of the ILR applicants have posted screenshots of their decision emails on facebook immigration groups. Not sure why Home Office is not doing the same for naturalization applications

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:15 pm

The decision letter for naturalisation is not the end of the process and it's not proof of British nationality. You are only British once you have completed the ceremony and received your certificate. Also, naturalisation is under British nationality law, not immigration regulations, and the focus is on different requirements. UKVI may move to more online processes in future as that's the overall aim of the government. Until then it's an A5 brown envelope sent second class.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:41 pm

I have received an email similar to many people on here

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, however in the current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI

I hope it’s positive decision

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:28 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:15 pm
The decision letter for naturalisation is not the end of the process and it's not proof of British nationality. You are only British once you have completed the ceremony and received your certificate. Also, naturalisation is under British nationality law, not immigration regulations, and the focus is on different requirements. UKVI may move to more online processes in future as that's the overall aim of the government. Until then it's an A5 brown envelope sent second class.
I never said naturalization is the end of the process or a proof of nationality. I am well aware that one can only become British after the citizenship ceremony and receiving the certificate. My original question as you can see was whether anyone has received their naturalization decision letter in the post after receiving the email from Home Office that I've mentioned in my first post. Your response feels a bit irrelevant to me sorry

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:24 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:41 pm
I have received an email similar to many people on here

Good Afternoon,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly, please allow at least 28 days from the date of this email.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, however in the current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI

I hope it’s positive decision

Hello there

I also had exactly the same reply on the 1st of May and still waiting for the letter

Will tell when received

Good luck all and stay safe

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Hopefully decision will start coming from next week also second class of ukvi normally takes 5 days. I think personally once council offices are open people will start getting there decision I applied in January 2020 still waiting received email 2 weeks ago saying still considering your application 😢

standrews

Post by standrews » Sun May 10, 2020 9:33 pm

I applied for Naturalisation 13th Jan and emailed HO for an update and below is the reply ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, due to current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Malikg123 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:37 pm
Hopefully decision will start coming from next week also second class of ukvi normally takes 5 days. I think personally once council offices are open people will start getting there decision I applied in January 2020 still waiting received email 2 weeks ago saying still considering your application 😢
you are still within the 6 months time scale
some delays are also expected due to covid 19

all the best

standrews

Post by standrews » Sun May 10, 2020 10:05 pm

Malikg123 wrote:
Which email address did you ask for an update?

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 am

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:51 am

Sous49 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:03 pm
Malikg123 wrote:
you are still within the 6 months time scale
some delays are also expected due to covid 19

all the best
I know but few people who applied in February they got there decision I think covid 19 is main factor of delays also between 23 March till 23 April they were not even replying to my emails probably they was short of staff I hope this month we will hear some good news.

Mehroo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Mehroo » Mon May 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Hello All,

Just wanted to share my experience. I am still waiting for the decision on my naturalisation application submitted on 3rd May 2019. Its been 1 year and still no news.. Refugee route, 10 years in the UK with ILR and still waiting. I had 2 traffic offences back in 2013 which are now fully clear.. I received an email from CT6 unit (I don't know which unit that is whether they are case workers or not) informing me that application is still on going and they will make decisions as soon as they can.. This is after I sent several emails requesting for an update. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me still waiting so just wanted to tell that you are not alone.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:38 pm

Mehroo wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:37 pm
Hello All,

Just wanted to share my experience. I am still waiting for the decision on my naturalisation application submitted on 3rd May 2019. Its been 1 year and still no news.. Refugee route, 10 years in the UK with ILR and still waiting. I had 2 traffic offences back in 2013 which are now fully clear.. I received an email from CT6 unit (I don't know which unit that is whether they are case workers or not) informing me that application is still on going and they will make decisions as soon as they can.. This is after I sent several emails requesting for an update. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me still waiting so just wanted to tell that you are not alone.
There is a separate topic for those on the refugee route, link below. Please post there.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... 97-20.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Stefan Piatek
Poland

Post by Stefan Piatek » Tue May 12, 2020 11:40 am

Today I received an answer to the question about the status of my naturalization application.
"Your application is currently awaiting allocation to a caseworker".
Does it mean that it is already checked and waiting for the assignment or does it mean that nothing has been done so far and is waiting? If nothing has begun yet, how does it relate to information from HO that they consider cases according to the date of receipt?

standrews

Post by standrews » Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 pm

Stefan Piatek wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:40 am
Today I received an answer to the question about the status of my naturalization application.
Does it mean that it is already checked and waiting for the assignment or does it mean that nothing has been done so far and is waiting? If nothing has begun yet, how does it relate to information from HO that they consider cases according to the date of receipt?

I think it simply means checks being made and now complete case is awaiting for the caseworker ... which email did you request for an update?

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Tue May 12, 2020 12:32 pm

standrews wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 pm
Stefan Piatek wrote:

I think it simply means checks being made and now complete case is awaiting for the caseworker ... which email did you request for an update?
Can you elaborate more on the process?
What are the stages before it reach a case worker? and what happen after reaching the case worker?

Stefan Piatek
Poland

Post by Stefan Piatek » Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 pm

standrews wrote:
Stefan Piatek wrote:

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

standrews

Post by standrews » Tue May 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Stefan Piatek wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 pm
standrews wrote:
Stefan Piatek wrote:

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
That’s the most authentic email to get an answer. Just ask after another few weeks for an update. I know several people applied before me and got their certificates but unable to attend their ceremonies. So more or less we all are in the same boat and subject to councils being opened before home office can proceed with naturalisation applications.

standrews

Post by standrews » Tue May 12, 2020 3:37 pm

rozearo wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:32 pm
standrews wrote:
Stefan Piatek wrote:

Can you elaborate more on the process?
What are the stages before it reach a case worker? and what happen after reaching the case worker?
It’s purely my guess ... I realised that some people get approvals in 2 weeks time but when you look at their application submission date its often good couple of weeks before the biometrics (4-6 weeks). So the time starts from the appointment submission date when home office initiate number of security checks and by the time it reaches the case worker, they have all the data in line to access the application. Its very unlikely that the caseworker will do everything by self.