ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help filling form for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tarantinoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Help filling form for naturalisation

Post by tarantinoon » Sat May 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Hello;
First of all, thank you so much for offering help to people like myself. It is great that place like this forum exists and is available. Thank you!

I am in the process of applying to become British Citizen. I am Italian citizen living in UK for the last 20 years and currently having Settle Status.

Here few of my questions from the application form that I struggle with:

1. What is your relationship status?
I am still married to my ex-partner but we don't leave with together for the last 10 years. I live with my new partner for the last 4 years. Should my answer be: SEPARATED?

2. Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?
I have son that is living with my ex-partner (we are seperated but still married) I live with my new partner but it is only myself who is applying right now. Should I tick YES or NOT

3. Can one of the referees to be my boss from work? (professional standing - Director of the company)

4. I cannot pass the "Life in the UK Test" due to my memory problems.
I have been in treatment for the last four years with the Memory Services Clinic for adults (I am in my late 40s) I have been diagnosed with "Mild Cognitive Impairment" and also suffer from PTSD and long term Anxiety with depression. I have the Waiver Form filled by the Consultant Psychiatrist who was providing the treatment.

His answer to the question “In your opinion, is this condition likely to improve sufficiently for them to be able to study and take the required tests? If so, is this likely to do so within the next 2 years?” is:
“This is unlikely given his memory complains over 4 years – but will depend on his level of anxiety. “

To this question: 5. How would this condition prevent them from sitting the knowledge of life in the UK test or taking an English test? The knowledge of language and life in the UK test can be taken·in audio form, and that test centres can cater for a range of disabilities. It is computer-based and comprises 24 questions with multiple choice answers. Candidates are allowed 45 minutes and the pass mark is 18 correct answers.

His answer: "In my opinion he would struggle to perform. He is also likely to be anxious and unable to pass given his mental health history.”

Do you think this answer will satisfy Home Office or I need to get more evidence?
Just to add that I have passed English test without any problem.

Thank you so much in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help filling form for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:27 pm

I am still married to my ex-partner but we don't leave with together for the last 10 years. I live with my new partner for the last 4 years. Should my answer be: SEPARATED?
Separated or Married are possible - it's not an issue which answer you select.
2. Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?
I have son that is living with my ex-partner (we are seperated but still married) I live with my new partner but it is only myself who is applying right now. Should I tick YES or NOT
NO
3. Can one of the referees to be my boss from work? (professional standing - Director of the company)
Yes.
I have been in treatment for the last four years with the Memory Services Clinic for adults (I am in my late 40s) I have been diagnosed with "Mild Cognitive Impairment" and also suffer from PTSD and long term Anxiety with depression. I have the Waiver Form filled by the Consultant Psychiatrist who was providing the treatment.

His answer to the question “In your opinion, is this condition likely to improve sufficiently for them to be able to study and take the required tests? If so, is this likely to do so within the next 2 years?” is:
“This is unlikely given his memory complains over 4 years – but will depend on his level of anxiety. “

To this question: 5. How would this condition prevent them from sitting the knowledge of life in the UK test or taking an English test? The knowledge of language and life in the UK test can be taken·in audio form, and that test centres can cater for a range of disabilities. It is computer-based and comprises 24 questions with multiple choice answers. Candidates are allowed 45 minutes and the pass mark is 18 correct answers.

His answer: "In my opinion he would struggle to perform. He is also likely to be anxious and unable to pass given his mental health history.”

Do you think this answer will satisfy Home Office or I need to get more evidence?
Can't really comment on the issue of getting exemption from LITUK - this query is raised ocassionally here but can't recall any feedback as to the outcome.
However, as you have passed the English test, and having lived in the UK for 20 years, LITUK may perhaps not be an issue - you will probably know most of the answers already. I am not an expert in that clinical field but caseworkers may have a similar thought process. May I suggest you review (if not done already) the LITUK book and some sample tests available free on the web?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tarantinoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by tarantinoon » Sat May 09, 2020 9:32 pm

Additional question regarding the Exemption Waiver - KOLL Form:

Do you think it would be helpful or acceptable to submit additional Exemption Waiver form filled also by my GP or the form filled by the Consultant Psychiatrist is enough?

Once again - thank you.

tarantinoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by tarantinoon » Sat May 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Can't really comment on the issue of getting exemption from LITUK - this query is raised ocassionally here but can't recall any feedback as to the outcome.
However, as you have passed the English test, and having lived in the UK for 20 years, LITUK may perhaps not be an issue - you will probably know most of the answers already. I am not an expert in that clinical field but caseworkers may have a similar thought process. May I suggest you review (if not done already) the LITUK book and some sample tests available free on the web?

Thank you so much for the prompt response - I appreciate that very much.
Well - I struggle with memory for few years already. I have managed to get few books over the years. I study, I tried but even if I understand the rules, the system, culture etc.. I still struggle with the dates, numbers and unfortunately lots of questions are the memory based questions. I understand it is a difficult subject to give advice so I am grateful for any help I can get. Thank you!

tarantinoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by tarantinoon » Sat May 09, 2020 9:50 pm

May I ask for help with one more question, please?

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Should I include the "Settle Status" I have applied using the online system/App?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 am

Yes include Settled Status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tarantinoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by tarantinoon » Sun May 10, 2020 11:36 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 am
Yes include Settled Status.
Thank you @alterhase58

tarantinoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by tarantinoon » Sun May 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Separated or Married are possible - it's not an issue which answer you select.
Thank you for getting back to me on this question, however - I still struggle with this one and I don't want to do any mistakes so I would like you to help me a bit more, please.
As I mentioned before, I don't live and we don't have any relationship with my wife for the last 10 years but we are still married. We didn't have any formal seperation, we simply decided to end our relationship. Since then she met someone new, she has a child with that guy. Also I have a new partner that I live with for the last 4 years. I wasn't married before and have only one child that lives with my wife (my ex).

How should I answer to this: "What is your relationship status?"
Should I say "married" or "seperated".