ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension june 2021- Self employed and off work as of march

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gunner786
Mood:

Extension june 2021- Self employed and off work as of march

Post by Gunner786 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 am

Hi my wife's extension is in june next year. Im a self employed taxi driver. Has the home office released any information about how they will see this kind of case where i would have missed the first 3-4 months of the tax year due to covid-19? My annual profit is normally 20-21k but the first few months will be totally 0. Will they count the covid19 situation and wipe off the first few months and average the 18600 for the remainder? Will be lots of other people in same situation as me

geoeng
Canada

Re: Extension june 2021- Self employed and off work as of march

Post by geoeng » Tue May 12, 2020 6:33 am

Gunner786 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 am
Hi my wife's extension is in june next year. Im a self employed taxi driver. Has the home office released any information about how they will see this kind of case where i would have missed the first 3-4 months of the tax year due to covid-19? My annual profit is normally 20-21k but the first few months will be totally 0. Will they count the covid19 situation and wipe off the first few months and average the 18600 for the remainder? Will be lots of other people in same situation as me
No new guidance on this situation that I have come across yet so the requirements would still remain the same for now. There has always been the option of applying using Category G and using the average of the income received in the last two full financial years to meet the financial requirement for those who are self-employed. See from Section 9 on page 60 of the guidance document linked below for details.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Extension june 2021- Self employed and off work as of march

Post by seagul » Tue May 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Gunner786 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 am
Will be lots of other people in same situation as me
Not really as many people embark on other career paths when see/forecast decline there. For instance like in your case you have about 13 months from now and may find a paye job where considerably reduced paper work with simplified calculations than self employment is attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.