ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or PR questions? Next steps

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jeremiah_21
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR or PR questions? Next steps

Post by Jeremiah_21 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:16 pm

Hello everyone!
I hope all is well.
I would like to know if someone could give me some advice regarding my status. I am a Filipino married to a European who holds a Settled Status. I am currently on a 5 year Residence Permit and it will expire in year 2023. What should I apply next? Is it Permanent Resident or Indefinite Leave to Remain? We have a nearly 16 months old son and he is a British citizen born here in England.
Please can anyone give me an advice as I have never hired any solicitor or lawyer when I applied for my 5 year Residence permit.

Thank you so much for reading this and your response is much appreciated.

Phoebe,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ILR or PR questions? Next steps

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:51 am

As your spouse has Settled Status already you should also apply for that, you will receive pre-Settled Status as you haven't completed five years yet. Permanent Residence (under EU regulation) won't be available to you. There should be no need for a lawyer as they will just fill in the online form for you. Note: ILR under UK immigration regulations doesn't apply to you as you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.