ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M), Covid-19 and Birth Registration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

as3m
Newly Registered

FLR(M), Covid-19 and Birth Registration

Post by as3m » Thu May 14, 2020 12:27 am

Hi members

I would appreciate your valuable input in this.
My wife’s visa is due for renewal next month. We have started filling in the online application.

We have reached the point where it is asking of any children we have. Our daughter was born on the 6th of April 2020 in the midst of the coronavirus nationwide lockdown !

We have been unable to register her birth as the registry offices are only registering deaths and nothing else.

The form requires you to tick that you will be providing a birth certificate before allowing you to move to the next section. What do we do in this instance ?

Also, will our application be affected if we are unable to provide a birth certificate. We have a child benefit letter as well hospital discharge letters and the red book .. will this suffice ?

Thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M), Covid-19 and Birth Registration

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 14, 2020 5:38 am

as3m wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:27 am
Hi members

I would appreciate your valuable input in this.
My wife’s visa is due for renewal next month. We have started filling in the online application.

We have reached the point where it is asking of any children we have. Our daughter was born on the 6th of April 2020 in the midst of the coronavirus nationwide lockdown !

We have been unable to register her birth as the registry offices are only registering deaths and nothing else.

The form requires you to tick that you will be providing a birth certificate before allowing you to move to the next section. What do we do in this instance ?

Also, will our application be affected if we are unable to provide a birth certificate. We have a child benefit letter as well hospital discharge letters and the red book .. will this suffice ?

Thanks,
This should not affect the application adversely HO knows the prevailing situation and on www.gov.uk/register-birth states expressly "You may not be able to register a birth at the moment because of Coronavirus (COVID-19). You'll be able to register at a later date."
So tick the box so you can continue to next section. You should provide the documents you have I.E. hospital discharge paperwork, redbook,maternity note as these are also independently verifiable.
As situation improves/restrictions lifted and clear instructions on that, the registration should be done at first opportunity.

as3m
Newly Registered

Post by as3m » Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 am

Many thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 14, 2020 7:08 am

as3m wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 am
Many thanks.
If at the time of submission your daughter's BC still not available, do remember to write a cover later stating why you don't have it and the alternative documents you provided in lieu.