ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation & Lost Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tahseen123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalisation & Lost Passport

Post by tahseen123 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied for Naturalization online today and i might have made a mistake in filling in the form. I am concerned about the checklist that says:

Proof of Living in UK for Mr xxx for 5 years if applying in your own right.

I have read the answers in the forums and I take this to be proven by uploading all the passport pages to include the entry and exit stamps. My current Passport starts from Jan 2016. This does not cover the 5 years needed proof of living.

My previous passport which was valid from Jun 2010 to Jun 2015 is lost. I did not travel outside the UK during this time(2010-2015) and have a copy of the front page of the passport.

While traveling recently and landing back in the UK, I have been asked at the immigration counter about the said Passport and I have always said that it is lost. My current passport has an actual page where it says previous passport LOST as well.

My question is will this effect my application as the passport does not cover the full 5 years?
Can the HO ask for more ways to prove that one year residency?
Or will be outright refusal?

I have emailed FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with the issue of the lost passport and will write them a over letter as well.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this are welcome.

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation & Lost Passport

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:18 pm

My question is will this effect my application as the passport does not cover the full 5 years?
Can the HO ask for more ways to prove that one year residency?
Or will be outright refusal?
Any periods for which you can't provide a passport should be covered by other documents, such as P60s or Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
There won't be an automatic refusal if you don't have all passports.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tahseen123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation & Lost Passport

Post by tahseen123 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:12 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I don't have P60 for that year as I was not allowed to work due to being on Tier 4 visa.
I have just been through my old paperwork and could not find anything related to year 2015. On the sticky post I read the following for Evidence of Residence:

House Deeds: Don't have one
Mortgage: Don't have one
ILR: Provided
Previous Correspondence with HO: will contact lawyer to see if he has something for 2015
Rent Agreement: Don't have this
Utility Bills: Does this include mobile bills? Could possibly ask network provider for this
Support letters: Could get GP to issue a letter saying I was registered with them
Electoral roll registration: Don't know if I can get previous registrations from council

Any other document that I could use as proof of residence during that period?

Thanks.