ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport for child born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

orang25
Newly Registered

passport for child born abroad

Post by orang25 » Sat May 16, 2020 12:13 am

Good evening
i need little help. i have a child born in Pakistan and living in Pakistan as well. I am a British Citizen living in UK. i want apply his British passport. i want to know can i apply his passport or i have to register him first as a British citizen.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: passport for child born abroad

Post by zimba » Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 am

orang25 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:13 am
Good evening
i need little help. i have a child born in Pakistan and living in Pakistan as well. I am a British Citizen living in UK. i want apply his British passport. i want to know can i apply his passport or i have to register him first as a British citizen.
Thank you
How did you become British ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Re: passport for child born abroad

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 16, 2020 7:19 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 am
How did you become British ?
And were you a British citizen at the time of the birth of the child or did you become a British citizen after the birth of the child?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.