ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent form for Child's naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalization application as family

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Hello everyone

I am preparing my application for naturaltiazion and have some questions. I hope you guys can help me with these.

Applicants: myself and spouse + 1 child born abroad (8yrs old). All three of us got ILR last year through 5yr Tier2 route

Q1. Can all three of us apply together and will it be using the form AN? OR do I have to apply for the child using form MN1 (in this case, what section will be used?)

Q2. I understand, adults can only apply for British passport after attending the ceremony but as the under 18s (apply for citizenship with parents) are not required to attend the ceremony, when do they get their citizenship?

Q3. I understand we have to return our BRP after naturalization. Is this 5 days after the ceremony or 5 days after you get the approval letter for naturalization application. I have some travel plans and want to manage accordingly.

Many thanks for you help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization application as family

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Q1. When going through the online AN form there will/should be an option(s) to include additional persons including MN1.
Q2. The certificate for your child will be sent to you I believe, then you can apply for the passport. Note that the child will be registered as British, not naturalised so no further procedure.
Q3. Return within 5 days after the ceremony, you are not British until you have attended the ceremony. Note the approval letter is not proof of nationality.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:53 am

Thank you very much @alterhase58.

With the travel arrangements on my mind, please allow me to dig further into Q2.

So I am assuming, when I (hopefully after being successful :)) receive the approval letter for naturalization application, I will receive the child's registration certificate?

If the above is true, I am also assuming, I will have to return child's BRP to HO to avoid the fine of £1000 and apply for their british passport while I wait for my ceremony?

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 am

Your child's certificate will likely be given to you at the ceremony, as occurs for many who make family applications.

Yes you need to return the child's brp card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Thank you very much for quick reply CR001

Could you please clarify further:

1. Can I travel using my BRP in between approval and ceremony dates ?
2. Is it possible to choose a specific council to attend the ceremony? Or you are restricted in where you attend it.

Thanks

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 am
Your child's certificate will likely be given to you at the ceremony, as occurs for many who make family applications.

Yes you need to return the child's brp card.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:39 pm

1. Yes - you are not British until ceremony has been attended.
2. If the online application allows a choice then yes you can specify one that's not your home council.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Previous Immigration applications & employment history

Post by sunny_uk123 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Dear all

I hope you are keeping safe.

I am preparing my application for naturalization based tier-2 general -> ILR and have couple of questions which I really need some help...

1. Previous immigration applications: although I got ILR through the tier 2 general route (2014-2019), I lived in the UK on student visa (2006-2011). When answering this question, should I only input details of the immigration applications (entry clearance & extensions etc) for the last 5 years or shall I also enter details for my applications while I was a student in the UK?
some of the old applications (2006 etc), I do not think I will have lot of details (dates etc) so it is useful to enter partial entries....

2. Similar to above, shall I stick to employment history whileI was on tier 2 general or shall I also include employment beyond that as well? Also, I am assuming, the HO only want to know employment history in the UK and not abroad over the last 10 year. right?

Thank you so much for the help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Previous Immigration applications & employment history

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:59 pm

1. The requirement is to state all immigration applications - where you don't have full details available give details to the best of your knowledge.
2. Employment history in the UK only, irrespective of the visa you had at the time, up to 10 years as applicable.

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Previous Immigration applications & employment history

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:46 am

thank you!

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

documents for naturalization application

Post by sunny_uk123 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:25 am

Dear all

I am preparing application for naturalization through Tier 2 Gen-> ILR route. Could anyone please help me with the following queries:

1. The 'document checklist' asks for my passport to be sent. Shall I send my current passport only which covers last 5 years (covering Tier 2 Gen time) or shall I send all passports? My immigration history in the uk is 2006-2011(student) and 2014-current (tier 2 gen/ilr)...

2. For the 5-year residence documents, how many sources shall I aim to produce and how frequent should these be, quarter, annual?

3. I am also applying for my child who is 8 years old and has ILR (born outside uk). For their professional referee, the school has rejected our request. Is it possible to use one of my friends (professional) as their referee as well? and in this case, shall I also upload the school's email rejecting our request?

Thank you very much

secret.simon

Re: documents for naturalization application

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:39 am

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:25 am
1. The 'document checklist' asks for my passport to be sent. Shall I send my current passport only which covers last 5 years (covering Tier 2 Gen time) or shall I send all passports? My immigration history in the uk is 2006-2011(student) and 2014-current (tier 2 gen/ilr)...

2. For the 5-year residence documents, how many sources shall I aim to produce and how frequent should these be, quarter, annual?
As you are a non-EEA citizen and have not been on the EEA routes, you should submit all passports for your entire immigration history.

Those passports is your residence documentation as well. The requirements for residence documentation is different for people whose immigration journey included being on the EEA routes, where their passports did not get stamped.
sunny_uk123 wrote:
3. I am also applying for my child who is 8 years old and has ILR (born outside uk).
What is the UK Immigration status of the other parent?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:42 am

Topics Merged!! Please keep ALL questions on the same application in ONE thread!!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:37 am

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:39 am
sunny_uk123 wrote:

As you are a non-EEA citizen and have not been on the EEA routes, you should submit all passports for your entire immigration history.

Those passports is your residence documentation as well. The requirements for residence documentation is different for people whose immigration journey included being on the EEA routes, where their passports did not get stamped.
sunny_uk123 wrote:
3. I am also applying for my child who is 8 years old and has ILR (born outside uk).
What is the UK Immigration status of the other parent?
thank you.

We all have ILR and applying together for naturalization

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:58 am

Sorry, but the residence requirement is for 5-years. So, would the passports alone satisfy this requirement or do I need to provide bills etc across these five years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:11 am

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:58 am
Sorry, but the residence requirement is for 5-years. So, would the passports alone satisfy this requirement or do I need to provide bills etc across these five years?
Passports ONLY!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Thank you CR001

but do I need to send all my previous passports?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:09 pm

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:56 pm
Thank you CR001

but do I need to send all my previous passports?
Passports for the last 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am

Thank you CR001!

Could you please also help with the 3rd query I had:

I am also applying for my child who is 8 years old and has ILR (born outside uk). For their professional referee, the school has rejected our request. Is it possible to use one of my friends (professional) as their referee as well? and in this case, shall I also upload the school's email rejecting our request?

Both parents have ILR and applying together for naturalization...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:13 am

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am
Thank you CR001!

Could you please also help with the 3rd query I had:

I am also applying for my child who is 8 years old and has ILR (born outside uk). For their professional referee, the school has rejected our request. Is it possible to use one of my friends (professional) as their referee as well? and in this case, shall I also upload the school's email rejecting our request?

Both parents have ILR and applying together for naturalization...
Yes to friend.

Yes to refusal email.

How many other professionals engaged with the child have you tried?? Just one??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:52 pm

yes, we only tried 1 (the current school).

We recently moved city and the previous school is closed due to COVID19 (no response from them). I have read on this forum that GPs are generally reluctant to provide reference as well.

I couldnt think of any other professional who may have been in contact with my child...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:01 pm

Minister of Religion, pharmacist, health visitor etc etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:50 am

thank you. i am trying others like you suggested.

Meanwhile, may I ask another query I have about this application:

My spouse has been self-employed for last 2 years and on PAYE before that. I have included NI number and UTR in the application and the document checklist is not asking us to include anything job related (for any of us). Do I need to include any evidence such as payslips for me or self assessment/statement of accounts for spouse?

Thank you so much for the help

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:21 am

For spouse's period of self-employment ONLY provide the self-assessment returns. No other employment (PAYE) related documents are necessary.

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:20 am

Thank you

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi guys

In completing my application, I have made a mistake: For one of the referees, I have mistakenly entered some details (passport no. and email address) of the other referee.

I am really regretting this but is there a way to correct this? Can I ask the referee to provide their correct details along with their signed referee form?

Please help!!!