ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is a parent of a British citizen entitled to?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Boliboli760
Newly Registered
Nigeria

What is a parent of a British citizen entitled to?

Post by Boliboli760 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:09 am

My family and I have FLR visa ( 30 months) that started in march.
Our child is now 10years and has registered for British citizenship.

As the parents what status are we entitled to after or before our visa runs out. And what other advantages comes with having a British child?

secret.simon

Re: What is a parent of a British citizen entitled to?

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 17, 2020 8:17 am

For background into the OP's current circumstances, also see these threads.

Relatively little. I believe that the parents can apply to stay in the UK with the child (which I understand is the route that you are already on), but the parents will be on a 10 year FLR(FP) path and I am not sure whether both the parents can apply together on that basis. But wait for others to advise further.

You will also most likely not be entitled to most non-contributory benefits (Zambrano carers are also non-EEA parents of British citizen children).

You may have more rights if you move to another EEA member-state before 31st December 2020 with the British child and acquire rights in that other EEA member-state under EU law.

PS: Just wanted to clarify, has your eldest child received a registration certificate, as you mentioned in an earlier post that she only reaches 10 years of age in August 2020?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.