ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension application query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nithin.kriz
Mood:

FLR(M) Extension application query

Post by nithin.kriz » Mon May 18, 2020 1:33 pm

Would really appreciate advice regarding my Wife's FLR(M) extension application:

My wife converted her visa to ILR dependent once i received ILR on 10 year LR route. Since then i have also received british nationality. My Wife is due to apply for her 1st extension of FLE(M) Visa after the initial 2.5 years is expiring in June 2020. Please help address below application queries

Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month
During her initial application, she was unemployed and we were renting, since then she had gained employment and we bought a house together (Mortgage is on both our names), but recently she has quit her job and looking for new employment. Although there are certain utility bills on her name as well as mortgage, i am the sole earner currently and i pay the bills and mortgage. In this case is it necessary to list her share of the financial responsibilities? i might be overthinking this here, but just wanted to make sure.

Have you lived with your partner continuously for 2 years?
we have answered 'NO' assuming that the question is specific to the most recent 2 years, this is because she visited india in 2018 twice as she enrolled herself for a course there. the duration was 6 months (1st trip) and 5 months (2nd trip).. she visited the UK for a week between the 1st and 2nd trip. she was still a registered resident in our UK address and she was staying in India temporarily for her coursework. is this going to cause issues with the application? she was still a registered resident at the address and we have bills etc in her name

Please provide details of any periods (including dates) when you have not lived with your partner since marriage or civil partnership and any reasons why you have not done so
This might be linked to the previous question... Here we have mentioned the above trips highlighting that during these absences from the UK we were not living together as she was doing here course work in India. once again this lines up with the previous question... is this going to cause any issue with the applciation?

In the Finance section:
Do you own or rent your home? - we have answered 'Own'
How much mortgage do you pay each month? - should i enter the full mortgage amount? or say '0' since she doesn't contribute anything to the mortgage although she is also in the mortgage responsibility

Thanks again to the moderators and members for your continued support throughout our immigration journey.... Regards

nithin.kriz
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) Extension application query

Post by nithin.kriz » Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 am

Kindly help me with this query, we are due to submit the application in early june.

thanks again.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue May 19, 2020 10:01 am

nithin.kriz wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:33 pm
Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month
I think you're probably overthinking it. If you're married the exact answer to this question isn't particularly relevant. One could take the view that if you're married, then all financial responsibilities are shared regardless of how much each person actually pays. Just answer honestly.
nithin.kriz wrote:
Have you lived with your partner continuously for 2 years?
Again, answer honestly but I believe the question relates to residence. Visits to other countries wouldn't be included. To an extent this will depend on where the UK and Indian governments believed your wife was formally residing during that period.
nithin.kriz wrote:
Please provide details of any periods (including dates) when you have not lived with your partner since marriage or civil partnership and any reasons why you have not done so
Essentially the same answer as the previous question, I don't believe trips should be included, only periods you were actually residing in different places (which may be the case here, that's something you will have to decide). Including a cover letter explaining the details anything there isn't space for in the application or that you feel requires some additional explanation may be a good idea.
nithin.kriz wrote:
Do you own or rent your home? - we have answered 'Own'
How much mortgage do you pay each month? - should i enter the full mortgage amount? or say '0' since she doesn't contribute anything to the mortgage although she is also in the mortgage responsibility
The full mortgage amount, I believe they are interested in housing costs rather than the exact contribution of the applicant.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

nithin.kriz
Mood:

Post by nithin.kriz » Tue May 19, 2020 10:44 am

Thanks for the insights @geoeng, my intention was to provide Uk residence address for the 2 years as she was only visiting India for her course. But mention the detail on why we were not living together briefly due to the coursework in India...Also will draft a covering letter explaining the same.

Regards,
Nithin