ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted COS issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Unrestricted COS issue

Post by ejz127 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:40 am

Good morning All,

I was sacked in Feb and I found a new employer to sponsor me. My new employer didn't have COS allocated so applied unrestricted COS on 8th April. All priority services are suspended due to Covid 19 so I am just waiting.
Is there anyone who got unrestricted COS recently?
Thank you,

vtox_g

Re: Unrestricted COS issue

Post by vtox_g » Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 am

Hey, One of my friends, his company has raised UCOS on 3rd April but not yet issued.

Even I am in a similar situation, so according to the home office if the COS is assigned we can join the company and the rest of the visa application that can be taken care of parallelly. But COS its self is not getting assigned so how this will work, any thoughts?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:24 am

vtox_g wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 am
Hey, One of my friends, his company has raised UCOS on 3rd April but not yet issued.

Even I am in a similar situation, so according to the home office if the COS is assigned we can join the company and the rest of the visa application that can be taken care of parallelly. But COS its self is not getting assigned so how this will work, any thoughts?
That's frustrating. My solicitor says just I need to wait. Are your COS and your friends's COS are unrestricted as well? Restricted COS applied after 5th April should be issued this month so I wonder if my unrestricted COS will be issued this month too.

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Mon May 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi
i have been issued and assigned an UCoS by my new employer this month.

cx2y18
Newly Registered
China

Post by cx2y18 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:11 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:52 pm
Hi
Hi! When did your employer ask the HO for allocation? Thanks

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Mon May 25, 2020 8:35 pm

cx2y18 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:11 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi
Dont know when they have those UCoS alloted for them, but they assigned it to me on 5th this month

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Mon May 25, 2020 9:36 pm

ejz127 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:24 am
vtox_g wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 am

That's frustrating. My solicitor says just I need to wait. Are your COS and your friends's COS are unrestricted as well? Restricted COS applied after 5th April should be issued this month so I wonder if my unrestricted COS will be issued this month too.
Yes its unrestricted COS

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Mon May 25, 2020 9:42 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:35 pm
cx2y18 wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi
Dont know when they have those UCoS alloted for them, but they assigned it to me on 5th this month
Raj, I have a quick question for you. I got 2 offers, My first employer has raised the COS buts its not assigned to me yet but last week I got another offer which I like the most and even they are ready to sponsor me as I would like to go with the second employer will that create any conflict while second employer is raised the UCOS.

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Mon May 25, 2020 9:57 pm

I have a general question here. My last day was 30th April and I have still not yet received my curtailment letter. Say for example if I received this letter next week and I'll be in the country for 2 months. Now that I have got the offer and employer is ready to sponsor and they have already started the process, after some posts some of them have not received the COS or allocation by the HO and priority service is suspended. So how likely it is that we get our COS and assigned to us with in the 2 months. As things are moving so slow which is accepted. So here my question is within 2 months do you think COS will be assigned and we can join the company based on the new rules?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:43 am

vtox_g wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:57 pm
I have a general question here. My last day was 30th April and I have still not yet received my curtailment letter. Say for example if I received this letter next week and I'll be in the country for 2 months. Now that I have got the offer and employer is ready to sponsor and they have already started the process, after some posts some of them have not received the COS or allocation by the HO and priority service is suspended. So how likely it is that we get our COS and assigned to us with in the 2 months. As things are moving so slow which is accepted. So here my question is within 2 months do you think COS will be assigned and we can join the company based on the new rules?
It's highly unlikely you will recieve a curtailment letter soon. My last working day was in February and still haven't received it.

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Tue May 26, 2020 6:43 pm

vtox_g wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:42 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:35 pm
cx2y18 wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi
Raj, I have a quick question for you. I got 2 offers, My first employer has raised the COS buts its not assigned to me yet but last week I got another offer which I like the most and even they are ready to sponsor me as I would like to go with the second employer will that create any conflict while second employer is raised the UCOS.
Hi,
not really sure how it works, but i think once the cos is assigned on your name and passport, you cannot have another one with same info. so the cos document they send you, if it says it is assigned to you, then you have to cancel that so that you have only one that you want to apply with.

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Tue May 26, 2020 8:08 pm

[/quote]
Hi,
not really sure how it works, but i think once the cos is assigned on your name and passport, you cannot have another one with same info. so the cos document they send you, if it says it is assigned to you, then you have to cancel that so that you have only one that you want to apply with.
[/quote]

Hey Raj, UCOS is just raised and not issued yet assigned it to me but they have use my details to raise the UCOS like passport number and name I guess. My only consent is since its not yet assigned it should not create any conflict when other employers raise the UCOS.

Can some help me to clarify my question, please?

Thank you

cx2y18
Newly Registered
China

Post by cx2y18 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 pm

vtox_g wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:08 pm
Hi,
[/quote]

Hey Raj, UCOS is just raised and not issued yet assigned it to me but they have use my details to raise the UCOS like passport number and name I guess. My only consent is since its not yet assigned it should not create any conflict when other employers raise the UCOS.

Can some help me to clarify my question, please?

Thank you
[/quote]

Hello! I'm not very familiar with the UCOS application process. I thought the employer only needs to ask the Home Office for it, I didn't know if any personal information is needed. My employer did ask me for some information though. I think as long as the COS hasn't been assigned to you, it is still okay. I'm on the same boat. Hope everyone's COS will come soon!

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm

Cx2y18, Thank you.

I am pretty sure it has not assigned to me yet as the COS was submitted and it was not issued by the HO. When was your COS raised? and any idea if the priority service is working?

cx2y18
Newly Registered
China

Post by cx2y18 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 am

vtox_g wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm
Cx2y18, Thank you.

I am pretty sure it has not assigned to me yet as the COS was submitted and it was not issued by the HO. When was your COS raised? and any idea if the priority service is working?
Mine was only raised 1-2 weeks ago. HO told my employer that they have 1-2 weeks backlog due to COVID-19. But I feel it is much more than that according to this post.

I'm not sure about priority service sorry. There is a HO helpline that employers can call and enquire. Maybe it would help? At the bottom of this page: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-service

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:31 am

vtox_g wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm
Cx2y18, Thank you.

Super priority and priority service is currently suspended as has been posted numerous times on the forum already. It is unlikely that the services will be available for a while until the backlog of applications across all immigration categories has been cleared.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Sat May 30, 2020 10:38 pm

Thanks CR001, since lockdown has eased I was assuming that priority services might be open. Anyways ill keep an eye on the HO website on any such announcements.

Regarding my situation on the second employer rasing the COS there won't be any issue right since the first employer has not assigned any COS?

cx2y18
Newly Registered
China

Post by cx2y18 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:17 pm

ejz127 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:43 am
vtox_g wrote:
It's highly unlikely you will recieve a curtailment letter soon. My last working day was in February and still haven't received it.
Hi ejz127, any updates about your COS?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:11 pm

cx2y18 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:17 pm
ejz127 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:43 am
vtox_g wrote:
Hi ejz127, any updates about your COS?
Hello cx2y18,
No, I am still waiting. RCOS seems like it has been allocated for May but UCOS hasn't.
It's frustrating...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:59 pm

ejz127 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:11 pm
Hello cx2y18,
No, I am still waiting. RCOS seems like it has been allocated for May but UCOS hasn't.
It's frustrating...
UCoS does NOT go to the monthly allocation meeting. That is only for restricted cos.

Employers usually have UCoS available to assign. If not,they have to request more in their allocation which is a completely different process to rcos!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:59 pm
ejz127 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:11 pm
Hello cx2y18,
It's frustrating...
UCoS does NOT go to the monthly allocation meeting. That is only for restricted cos.

Employers usually have UCoS available to assign. If not,they have to request more in their allocation which is a completely different process to rcos!!
My employer couldn't secure the UCOS allocation for this year since they applied early April. It's been about 10 weeks and sill not granted..

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Hopefully, they start the UCOS allocation from this month, hope for the best.

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Hey, I have been asked to fill in the visa application form on the HO website and I have done so today does that mean they have now got the UCOS?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 pm

vtox_g wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:06 pm
Hey, I have been asked to fill in the visa application form on the HO website and I have done so today does that mean they have now got the UCOS?
It doesn't mean you have the UCOS. You can save the application in advance and apply when you have the UCOS. I filled up my application. You can ask if you got the UCOS to clarify.

Thank you

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Got it thanks for clarifying.

In the application form, they asked if I have Nation ID card detail which is issued my non-UK gov. Does anyone know which card detail I need here if I am Indian? As of now, I have selected No (don't have the card).
Last edited by vtox_g on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.