ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI required for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ValenS
Newly Registered
Italy

CSI required for Citizenship

Post by ValenS » Wed May 20, 2020 10:14 pm

Hello,
I’m self sufficient and now I have 5 years CSI but I applied and got Settled Status before having the full 5 years of CSI because it was not requested anymore and they were you pushing you applying for Settled Status as soon as possible, so I did. Now what do I do if I want to apply for British Citizenship? Practically my 5 years CSI don’t match the Settled Status years but ends after. Thanks for helping

castorp
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: CSI required for Citizenship

Post by castorp » Sun May 24, 2020 12:37 pm

You need a proof of residence for the last 5 years before you make your citizenship application. If you go via the self-sufficiency route, you need to prove that you were covered with the CSI during that period. If you have periods in which you were not covered, then my understanding is that they will count as if you were outside of the country. So, e.g., if you weren't covered for 90 days only last year, this should be fine. If you weren't covered for substantially longer, you have to wait until the number of days without the CSI last year does not exceed 90. Then you will only need to make sure that you satisfy the "450 days outside in the last 5 years" requirement...

freddiekeller

Post by freddiekeller » Tue May 26, 2020 5:24 pm

I believe that the last post is not accurate. It is my understanding that once one has Settled Status, that is all HO will require for naturalisation, while CSI is not needed

freddiekeller

Post by freddiekeller » Tue May 26, 2020 5:32 pm

My mistake, I have just caught up with the recent developments by doing my research