ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application timelines during COVID and any recourse or means to expedite

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamalshah74
Newly Registered
Kenya

Application timelines during COVID and any recourse or means to expedite

Post by kamalshah74 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:23 pm

Hi there,

I have applied for ILR (set m) on a 5 year route using the super-priority service. I did my biometrics on 23rd March the day before we went into lockdown. I was hoping to hear within 24 hours, but that didn't happen. My application was straightforward. Same address and job for 5 years, travel history all ok, financial requirement met etc.

As I hadn't heard from them in 24 hours I emailed the HO on 25th March (after 2 days). They replied on 1 April after 5 days to say "I can confirm your application is in the final stages of assessment and we are currently awaiting the return of mandatory checks". They could not give a timeline due to the covid disruptions. Nothing came through and not having heard from them i emailed again on 24 April (one month after biometrics). They were unable to uphold my complaint and said that the application will be processed once normal service resumes (which is different from what they had said earlier).

It has now been 2 months since biometrics. I have seen on this forum that standard applications are being processed in 2 months even during these covid times, so I am not sure what has happened. My leave to remain has now expired and i have received a job offer which requires a valid leave to remain.

My question to this forum is:
1) Does anyone know at what capacity the HO is working at and how long the delays are due to Covid?
2) What options do i have to lodge a complaint and chase the application?
3) How do i go about getting a refund of the 800 super priority fee?

Any other advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
Kamal

zimba
Mood:

Re: Application timelines during COVID and any recourse or means to expedite

Post by zimba » Thu May 21, 2020 11:54 pm

You do not get to determine if your application is straightforward or not. That is not up to you. Priority response is not a guaranteed service as your application may raise complex issues. You must wait to hear back as it can take up to 6 months. You cannot expedite an application. Priority fees will be refunded automatically later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

underfire222

Re: Application timelines during COVID and any recourse or means to expedite

Post by underfire222 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:43 am

kamalshah74 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:23 pm
Hi there,

I have applied for ILR (set m) on a 5 year route using the super-priority service. I did my biometrics on 23rd March the day before we went into lockdown. I was hoping to hear within 24 hours, but that didn't happen. My application was straightforward. Same address and job for 5 years, travel history all ok, financial requirement met etc.

As I hadn't heard from them in 24 hours I emailed the HO on 25th March (after 2 days). They replied on 1 April after 5 days to say "I can confirm your application is in the final stages of assessment and we are currently awaiting the return of mandatory checks". They could not give a timeline due to the covid disruptions. Nothing came through and not having heard from them i emailed again on 24 April (one month after biometrics). They were unable to uphold my complaint and said that the application will be processed once normal service resumes (which is different from what they had said earlier).

It has now been 2 months since biometrics. I have seen on this forum that standard applications are being processed in 2 months even during these covid times, so I am not sure what has happened. My leave to remain has now expired and i have received a job offer which requires a valid leave to remain.

My question to this forum is:
1) Does anyone know at what capacity the HO is working at and how long the delays are due to Covid?
2) What options do i have to lodge a complaint and chase the application?
3) How do i go about getting a refund of the 800 super priority fee?

Any other advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
Kamal

Hi May I ask what email you used to contact the home office please about your queries ?

Thanks