ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (ENT) ILR job requirement changes

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tggdoc
Newly Registered

Job creation guidance

Post by tggdoc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I was reading the policy guidance of T1 Entrepreneur and I`m a bit confused. Page 29 shows table E and states:

`You are applying
for a second
extension or 5
year settlement
application

The Home Office will
assess the
employment activity
from the extension
period of leave.`

Then on page 33 point 3 in the table it states:

`......... where that leave was granted less than 12 months ago, for at least the 12 months immediately before the date of your current application.`

Now the pattern we have seen is that when someone applies for a visa the HO takes more than 8 weeks to decide the application. So according to the first point the jobs wont be counted until the decision has been made. But then it states that if the extension was issued in less than 12 months, it would consider the date before the extension.

My question is will the time between the extension and ILR be considered for employment or not?

tggdoc
Newly Registered

Re: Job creation guidance

Post by tggdoc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:08 pm

tggdoc wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:48 pm
Hi all,

I was reading the policy guidance of T1 Entrepreneur and I`m a bit confused. Page 29 shows table E and states:

`You are applying
for a second
extension or 5
year settlement
application

The Home Office will
assess the
employment activity
from the extension
period of leave.`

Then on page 33 point 3 in the table it states:

`......... where that leave was granted less than 12 months ago, for at least the 12 months immediately before the date of your current application.`

Now the pattern we have seen is that when someone applies for a visa the HO takes more than 8 weeks to decide the application. So according to the first point the jobs wont be counted until the decision has been made. But then it states that if the extension was issued in less than 12 months, it would consider the date before the extension.

My question is will the time between the extension and ILR be considered for employment or not?

Sorry the question is if the extension is delayed for 12 months and you get it after 13 months can you straight away apply for ILR? (keeping in mind the employees and posts have been there for 12 months)

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm

If you get the extension after 13 months, you would not have completed 5 years unless you had another extension before.
But yes, if your extension is approved after 20 months or so, you can potentially apply for ILR immediately if you have maintained two jobs
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tggdoc
Newly Registered

Post by tggdoc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm
If you get the extension after 13 months, you would not have completed 5 years unless you had another extension before.
But yes, if your extension is approved after 20 months or so, you can potentially apply for ILR immediately if you have maintained two jobs
Thank you for the clarification.
What if the tier -1 initial application was applied in Feb 2014 but the visa was issued in Sep 2015?
Would the 5 years be Feb 2019 or Sep 2020?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:33 am

tggdoc wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 am
marcnath wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm
Thank you for the clarification.
What if the tier -1 initial application was applied in Feb 2014 but the visa was issued in Sep 2015?
Would the 5 years be Feb 2019 or Sep 2020?
Your 5 years residence starts from date of visa issue not date of initial/first visa application submission.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tggdoc
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (ENT) ILR job requirement changes

Post by tggdoc » Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi,

My 5 year period for ILR would be completed in AUG 2020. But due to Covid-19 I had to furlough my employees.

I have recently learned that the requirement for the two people employed for 12 consecutive months has recently been updated. As it is stated that The 12 month period you are required to employ someone for can be made up of multiple employees across different months. I know the furlough time is not counted.

Specifically asking for ILR requirement, can these months be before you have received extension?
Is it stated somewhere that these months should be after the extension?

Thanks.

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 (ENT) ILR job requirement changes

Post by marcnath » Fri May 22, 2020 2:38 pm

tggdoc wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm
Hi,

My 5 year period for ILR would be completed in AUG 2020. But due to Covid-19 I had to furlough my employees.

I have recently learned that the requirement for the two people employed for 12 consecutive months has recently been updated. As it is stated that The 12 month period you are required to employ someone for can be made up of multiple employees across different months. I know the furlough time is not counted.

Specifically asking for ILR requirement, can these months be before you have received extension?
Is it stated somewhere that these months should be after the extension?

Thanks.
It can't be. The fact that it should be after extension has been there all along and they haven't changed it.

However, you can extend your latest grant until you can meet the employment criteria.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.